Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milestone... 2,015 in 2015!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
There was a point in time I questioned whether I'd ever eclipse 2,000 different Vizquel cards that appear on the "official" Beckett checklist. (Yes, I know and agree this is a useless reference given their checklist is missing a TON of cards.) Nevertheless I've always tracked the total number of cards in my collection vs. only those that appear on the Beckett checklist. As you can imagine with the recent resurgence of products including OV, I've managed to add quite a few in the last year. I just picked up my 2,015th card that Beckett recognizes.

I've been pretty happy that OV is showing up in a bunch of products these days, despite it taking a heavy toll on my wallet. However I'm still sitting on the same want-list of pre-2014 cards for over a year. Even one or two cards per year would be great, but even that doesn't seem too likely these days!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Nice job. I know this is very small, but do you need the Vizquel 2015 Topps Series 2 "Til It's Over" #TIO5 insert? Pulled it in a jumbo pack last night and would send it to you if you haven't picked one up yet. PM me address if you need it.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Good work! And yeah , knocking off any playing days Clark stuff is tough so I feel your pain.

Ryan

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Congrats, I certainly feel your pain about only picking up a handful of items each year, so this must feel great!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
A great milestone! Congrats! All you need is one more card in the next year and you'll have 2,016 in 2016! That's do-able!! :
;)

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
A great milestone! Congrats! All you need is one more card in the next year and you'll have 2,016 in 2016! That's do-able!! :
;)

No doubt. Thanks for the vote of confidence! :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I'll probably add a couple from my pre-2014 list eventually. However I think the odds of tracking down more than maybe 10 more cards are pretty low. I saw this coming a few years ago so I began collecting tickets from games OV played in. It's much different than collecting cards, but definitely still a fun hobby. For anyone who's in a similar situation with a "stalled" collection, I'd highly recommend chasing tickets!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
No doubt. Thanks for the vote of confidence! :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I'll probably add a couple from my pre-2014 list eventually. However I think the odds of tracking down more than maybe 10 more cards are pretty low. I saw this coming a few years ago so I began collecting tickets from games OV played in. It's much different than collecting cards, but definitely still a fun hobby. For anyone who's in a similar situation with a "stalled" collection, I'd highly recommend chasing tickets!

Curious how much on average you've been paying on the Tix ? I have a few for Will and kinda want to continue that but at say $6-8/dlvd each I'm not sure how deep I wanna go.

Ryan

Members online