Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dee Gordon/Dan Haren Traded to the Marlins For Andrew Heaney + More

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wowsers.

Andy Martino ‏@MartinoNYDN
Source: #Marlins getting Gordon from #Dodgers for Andrew Heaney. Deal agreed to, sorting through final paperwork. [MENTION=7524]Buster[/MENTION]_ESPN said close

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It also includes Haren and some lesser fish prospects.

clarkspencer @clarkspencer ·
So just to restate: #Marlins getting Dee Gordon and Dan Haren from #dodgers for Heaney, **** Hernandez, Austin Barnes and Chris Hatcher

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Not how much I like Haren to the Fish, as he's said, time and time again, how he enjoys the west coast. I wonder what moves the Dodgers have next, for their rotation.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Looks like the Marlins expect to contend with a healthy Fernandez next year. Definite upgrade for the Fish in the middle infield and Haren should be a serviceable back of the rotation starter in that pitcher's park down in Miami.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
My favorite part:

"Meanwhile, Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that a source close to Haren says there’s no way he would report to the Marlins and would probably choose to retire instead. Here’s the thing, the Dodgers agreed to pay the $10 million on Haren’s option if he decides to play, but if Haren doesn’t, then both teams pay nothing. So basically the Marlins agreed to take on Haren for the Dodgers, with the Dodgers basically daring him to retire."

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Looks like the Marlins expect to contend with a healthy Fernandez next year. Definite upgrade for the Fish in the middle infield and Haren should be a serviceable back of the rotation starter in that pitcher's park down in Miami.

Haren has we would retire before he plays for the Marlins. So since the Dodgers are paying his 10 mil option the fish could just trade him away before spring training for anything that could get in return. :thumbup:

RandomH

Heaney going to the angels?

"The plot thickens re: Andrew Heaney. He might wind up with the Angels, according to Fox Sports. MLB's beat writer Ken Gurnick said catcher Austin Barnes is definitely going to the Angels in a deal for Howie Kendrick. But he hasn''t mentioned Heaney."

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I know i may be in the minority but the Dodgers had a GREAT day today. They knew they weren't going to resign Hanley so got the next best possible option as Rollins is still a top 5 SS. Then they go out and get Heaney plus others selling high on Gordon (who is really not a GREAT player, just had a great season). Flip Heaney for Kendrick who is better than D and they sign McCarthy.

About a wash at the SS position, and upgrade at 2B and an upgrade in the rotation. Very clear they are not finished.

What ever happened to alex guerrero and the other cuban guy they signed? Didn't they pay them a bunch of money?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
maxe0213;2227216 What ever happened to alex guerrero and the other cuban guy they signed? Didn't they pay them a bunch of money?[/QUOTE said:
Alex Guerrero spent the vast majority of 2014 in AAA (here in Albuquerque). He should be making the Dodgers in 2015 because his contract only allowed for one year in the minors.

Arruebarrena may be the other "cuban" you are referring to. Spent some of the season in Albuquerque, some in Los Angeles. I don't know if he doesn't make the big club next spring if they will be able to send him to Okahoma City (AAA now renamed from Oklahoma City Redhawks to the Oklahoma City Dodgers).

Of the moves, I will miss Gordon but I figure the Dodgers must have thought his max trade value is now due to his 2014 campaign and that 2014 was a career year for him. I would hate to think he peaked in 2014 and I hope it doesn't bite the dodgers in the ass if Gordon can string together a few seasons of speed making things happen along with great defense at second.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts