Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 HOF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
Class of 2013

Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Craig Biggio, Curt Schilling, Sammy Sosa, Mike Piazza, Kenny Lofton, David Wells, Julio Franco, Shawn Green, Steve Finley, Roberto Hernandez, Jeff Cirillo, Jose Valentin, Reggie Sanders, Jeff Conine, Jose Mesa, Royce Clayton, Bob Wickman, Ryan Klesko, Aaron Sele, Woody Williams, Rondell White, Mike Lieberthal, Tony Batista, Mike Stanton, Sandy Alomar Jr., Damian Miller, Todd Walker

Who gets in??

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
But to seriously answer your question... Bonds for sure.... how could a six-time MVP not get in on the first shot?

Clemens has equal amount of hardware to not justify getting in right away.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I'd almost be surprised if anyone on that list makes it on the first ballot. Clemens and Bonds were locks until they got greedy.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Biggio and Piazza, Schilling will come close. If McGwire is not in already, Bonds, Clemens and Sosa won't be.

And don't forget there is still a few players close to be elected. Tim Raines, Jack Morris and Jeff Bagwell should be well considered.

Last edited:

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Bonds and Clemens should be locks for what they did from their rookie years until 1998 or whenever they started using. In fact most of these players never needed PEDs in the first place because they had the tools to be the best in the world. It's a shame they felt they needed to get a competitive edge.

Bonds has blamed the 98 HR chase on his using PEDs if I am not mistaken.

Personally I think Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, and other ped users should be allowed in as it was an era of baseball or at least their should be some type of exhibit featuring the era. You can't just sweep 20 years of baseball under the rug. These guys where the greatest of their generation PEDs or not.
Steroids don't allow you to catch, hit or throw a ball any farther or faster, just add muscle and allow you to heal faster. PED users are no different than any other user of legal/illegal drugs that many other hall of fame players probably used.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Mike Piazza

These would be my picks, though I don't truly believe Bonds and Clemens get in (they should, the hall IS a museum after all and both players already have a presence in the hall with memorabilia).

In reality, Piazza SHOULD get in, with Bagwell and Biggio possibilities as well.

Sent from my Vortex using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Steroids don't allow you to catch, hit or throw a ball any farther or faster, just add muscle and allow you to heal faster.

So uh, why even take them? They make you bigger and faster, which in turn makes you hit the ball farther. If they didn't provide an advantage people would not take them.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
Bonds will be the first and possibly the only ped user in the hall. It will definitely not be first ballot but it will happen. I think biggio and piazza and possibly Morris and bagwell this year

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Just posted this in a similar thread on The Bench. Figured I would share my .02 cents here as well.According to the baseball Hall of Fame web site. "They shall be chosen on the basis of playing ability, sportsmanship, character, their contribution to the teams on which they played and to baseball in general."
Based on this statement, Here is how I would decide...
HOF.jpg

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Even if Bonds never took steroids and finished with his current stats, he would NOT get in on the first try because:

A) Voters tend to make first time eligible guys wait it out a year.
B) Bonds was an ass to the media in general throughout his whole career.

Knowing how the voters are, I doubt they would overlook Bond's attitude towards them and ditch their usual routine by voting him in his first time.

Clemens, I would say, might have been an exception and made it his first time but even then it was not a guarantee

Members online

Latest posts