Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

newest babe ruth patch card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I have 3 of the Eddie Mathews patches from this set and I just noticed something. 2 of them say "HOF logos" and the other says "HOF numbers", but whats funny is that they are all numbered /35 and the card number is HOF-29. Kinda weird same card number and 2 different fronts.

scan0001-1.jpg

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
That is what I thought but for this set they didn't do that for example there is a Nolan Ryan that doesn't say patch on eBay now 321049283190 item number. I have seen many from this set and have yet to see one say prime

From my research into prime patch cards, card companies started using the word "prime" on cards with prime patches in 2004. Since your card is from 2003, none of the ones of this kind would have "prime" on it. But that's a Ruth logo patch alright and if you paid what you're saying is approximately $1200, then you got a hell of a deal even though it isn't 2 colored

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
2003 Timeless Treasures HOF Photos by mrwhitesox30 | Photobucket

I've been trying to collect the set for about 6-7 years, but due to so many having a low print run it's been slow going. George was nice enough to trade me the Musial he had, and I've gotten one or two more just by randomly seeing them in a thread on these boards.

Even though it's not mine, it's neat to see the Ruth, and also the Gehrig that just sold on Ebay. Those are probably the two most valuable cards in the set, and it's the first Gehrig I've seen and either the first or second Ruth that I've seen. I really like the design of the set, plus it says where on the jersey the patch is from and there's a picture of the jersey on the back of each card.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
You have a scan of your ruth patch?? They sure don't make cards like this set anymore which is a shame

Here is mine and I got a great deal on it, it was overlooked and I did not think i would get it for what i paid. My snipe was set and i was prepared to pay double, Glad I dint.

BabeRuthPatchBat3of5.jpg

BabeRuthBack3of10.jpg

I love that its numbered to Ruth jersey number and the weird thing is Homerun is correct that they dint really start using the Word "Patch" and or "Prime" yet this card which was made in 2003 Clearly says the word "Prime" on the front which is just a bonus along with it being numbered to Ruth Jersey number.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
2003 Timeless Treasures HOF Photos by mrwhitesox30 | Photobucket

I've been trying to collect the set for about 6-7 years, but due to so many having a low print run it's been slow going. George was nice enough to trade me the Musial he had, and I've gotten one or two more just by randomly seeing them in a thread on these boards.

Even though it's not mine, it's neat to see the Ruth, and also the Gehrig that just sold on Ebay. Those are probably the two most valuable cards in the set, and it's the first Gehrig I've seen and either the first or second Ruth that I've seen. I really like the design of the set, plus it says where on the jersey the patch is from and there's a picture of the jersey on the back of each card.

You know who to call if you want to get rid of those Mathews.:D

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Here is mine and I got a great deal on it, it was overlooked and I did not think i would get it for what i paid. My snipe was set and i was prepared to pay double, Glad I dint.

BabeRuthPatchBat3of5.jpg

BabeRuthBack3of10.jpg

I love that its numbered to Ruth jersey number and the weird thing is Homerun is correct that they dint really start using the Word "Patch" and or "Prime" yet this card which was made in 2003 Clearly says the word "Prime" on the front which is just a bonus along with it being numbered to Ruth Jersey number.

I actually thought the op bought yours. And if it was 2 color, it might be mine. :lol: How do you feel about patch cards containing bat pieces? I generally like them but the patch has become so valuable the bat piece is almost irrelevant to the price of the card.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I was one of the reasons that Gehrig closed where it did. Will offer a reward if anyone can locate one. Question on the Ruth patch would you pay more for a two color or a solid dark blue like you guys have. For me it's all about the multi color. Great thread

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
I would like to have a 2 colored patch but having a solid thick pay h from Ruth's jersey number is pretty cool

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I was one of the reasons that Gehrig closed where it did. Will offer a reward if anyone can locate one. Question on the Ruth patch would you pay more for a two color or a solid dark blue like you guys have. For me it's all about the multi color. Great thread

Multi color for most patches, but not crazy logos and stuff for me. Just a nice 2-3 color is what I want. I would take single color or pants stripe on a Ruth, Gehrig, Wagner, Ott, etc. Just cause they are so hard to find.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts