Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How to store graded cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hey all

I dont really like graded cards 1. Because I dont feel like they are that different than a regular card (except in special cases) and 2. they are hard to store

I store the few that I have (gifts from people) in a box that checks used to come in but can only fit 2 more in there and I am planning on buying a few new Biggios and they are graded, so I am looking for a new or different way to store them

How do you guys store your graded cards?

Thanks

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
BTW if you don't like graded cards, gifts or not, you can break them out pretty easily. I've liberated many cards from PSA, SGC, BGS, that ICG or whatever they were called

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I agree, only in certain cases with vintage, just for authentication purposes, do I like grading. In the case of my Red Sox HOF PC I have several graded cards. Purchased one of the BCW boxes that was linked above at a local show. Other than being noticeably taller than a regular box the width isn't much different and actually gives me a little more finger room as I have it mixed with graded and regular toploader/screw cases. It sounds like you're in a similar situation with just a handful of graded cards and the rest may be in top load/screw cases, its a good pick up, I like it for my purposes.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I agree, only in certain cases with vintage, just for authentication purposes, do I like grading. In the case of my Red Sox HOF PC I have several graded cards. Purchased one of the BCW boxes that was linked above at a local show. Other than being noticeably taller than a regular box the width isn't much different and actually gives me a little more finger room as I have it mixed with graded and regular toploader/screw cases. It sounds like you're in a similar situation with just a handful of graded cards and the rest may be in top load/screw cases, its a good pick up, I like it for my purposes.

Vintage authentication is a great reason for grading. I bought a '63 Fleer Koufax and paid more for the PSA just to be sure it was legit

Only got 4 graded cards (for now) and every other Biggio/Brooks card I own are in toploaders :)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Pliers, squeeze and twist the corner to crack the slab. Insert a flat-head screw driver and split the case....and done.

Some cards retain gain a lot of value, well above their ungraded counterpart, depending on the grade and the company.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
If you use two row boxes or three row, you can either lay them flat or on their side and they fit ok. If you acquire enough of them, you may want to get a box for actual graded cards. I don't do a lot of graded but the handful I do have are stored sideways or laying flat in the box. Besides, you get enough oddball but not necessarily oversized items, it gives you a little room(if you don't stack them too high laying flat) to put these items on top of(like pins and marbles and the like). And backed up to other cards in toploaders, it keeps them from moving around.

Members online

Latest posts