Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Signed G-Used HANDPRINT cards to be inserted in Triple Threads?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Those cards are very, very cool! As for that shirt, I don't see me paying more than $20 for something like that.

If someone was determined to steal something from Canseco using his fingerprints I doubt it would be that hard to get his fingerprints... The guy isn't exactly well off and you could probably get his prints from a dollar bill when you yank it out of his hand with a fish string.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm kinda surprised anyone would let their hand print be used nowadays with the way everyone is hypersensitive to their personal footprint.

Fordman

Wearing a latex glove + big goops of finger paint probably ensures the end result isn't very useful CSI-wise.

Topps did these oversize cards in last year's TTT football release, FYI.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I keep looking at this auction and just think it's SO stupid. Take away his ability to show the Topps cards and pictures and just leave what the auction is for...... you're left with a crappy yellow T-shirt which has a hand print of Jose on it and then an autograph of his which has a date and New York City on it... ummmmm sorry but who the hell cares lol... I'd rather have the card he shows over and over again and we all know those are $8,000+ cards!

Not to mention, what does Topps think of this? I mean it's an employee who falls and trips on a personalized item from a person they paid to sign Topps cards and he turns around and tries to profit on the ****? LOL... just funny... freaking idiots working over there I swear.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I keep looking at this auction and just think it's SO stupid. Take away his ability to show the Topps cards and pictures and just leave what the auction is for...... you're left with a crappy yellow T-shirt which has a hand print of Jose on it and then an autograph of his which has a date and New York City on it... ummmmm sorry but who the hell cares lol... I'd rather have the card he shows over and over again and we all know those are $8,000+ cards!

Not to mention, what does Topps think of this? I mean it's an employee who falls and trips on a personalized item from a person they paid to sign Topps cards and he turns around and tries to profit on the ****? LOL... just funny... freaking idiots working over there I swear.

You're kinda answering your own questions here! Why does this guy think this is so valuable? Because he's a Topps employee and they don't live in the same world their customers do!

Sometimes I wonder if the monkeys over there are this stupid or is this a brilliant viral marketing strategy?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Also, when someone gets a redemption for one of these "cards" and it is never fulfilled, can we point to this as an example of "fair value" for replacement? I mean this is a Topps employee establishing this price point of a hand print

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
And I don't know how Leaf didn't think of this idea.

It's right up their alley. No logos would be needed, and it takes virtually zero work to execute.

In a few years BG will be placing these as buy backs in his products.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Anyway, the auction seems to have been changed as of 830 CST. No clue what you guys are talking about.

But the seller used to be Canseco's bodyguard or something. He's listed a lot of rare Canseco card, autographs, and ephemera over the years.

P.S. Remember the pawprint card from A&G a few years back? This is a natural progression. And I think it'd be cool to have if done right. Trouble is they'd be redemptions, mostly unfulfilled, and those that are will take a year.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I figure the guy either took heat from Topps for the listing for exposing something that was not meant to be exposed or using his position for something he shouldn't have done or maybe was embarrassed by the ridiculous expectations of a piece of crap item that he listed for $8000 opening bid.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts