Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hoard a card?! Lets see it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
@Hawk8 that is amazing! How do you explain that to a non-collector? People think I'm crazy for having as many Bonds as I do!

Forget the non-collectors, its hard for me to explain it to the collectors lol! It started early in my collecting days, I found a good sized lot of Dawson cards for what I thought was a good price and I was hooked. I will buy Dawson lots on number of cards alone. I do not need to know what is in the lot just how many cards, unless of
course you are asking for more than I am willing to pay then you need to tell me some highlights. For some reason it was an obsession of mine to get to 100,000 Andre Dawson cards and now that I have surpassed that I just keep on going. I guess one day I would like to get to 250,000 Andre Dawson cards. Most collectors don't understand it as they usually only collect 1 of every card, but I am different.

When @Hawk8 joined the site, I think I remember him going back through and counting every single card of his that he has lol... it was like a daily update for total card count... for the life of me, I couldn't understand why you'd want to do that and especially for certain cards like he has highlighted here. It's pretty amazing to be honest and I don't know if I could do it for Albert Belle. As a matter of fact, I'm in the midst of selling my 5,000 doubles right now to someone in bulk...

Wish that was 5000 Andre Dawson cards lol! Very cool thread by the way, didn't mean to get it a little off track.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i'll post scans of my stash when I feel like I"m done hoarding. I'm afraid if you knew what card I liked (numbered /25) that I already have like 8 copies of, someone on here will bid me up everytime that cards shows up for auction. ;)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
i'll post scans of my stash when I feel like I"m done hoarding. I'm afraid if you knew what card I liked (numbered /25) that I already have like 8 copies of, someone on here will bid me up everytime that cards shows up for auction. ;)

I hope this thread does not encourage this

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think the internet could start a Million Hawk March campaign. Just get collectors to send you every Dawson card they can spare.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I hope this thread does not encourage this

everyone who has posted here so far is safe with me - i enjoy seeing their hoards but they don't fit my PC (as I don't collect that team, player, or it's not the /25 insert I'm trying to hoard at least 50% of the copies).

Plus, I assumed the posting here was for people done hoarding enough to post their finds rather than reveal what is still a work in progress that may encourage others to inflate the bids for further additions.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I can't speak for everyone but I have the cards I love to get more than 1 copy of but with that said, only at the right price. Sh!t, one of my Gold /88 autos has been up on COMCs for over a year or two and I'm just not going to pay more than what it's worth... so the person can keep the card, hold it hostage or lower the price. Or he can find another buyer but as much as I'd love to have another copy, I'm not going to pay more than a card is worth, so such is life.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Threads like these do encourage **********. I have had people in the past send me messages and emails trying to sell me cards they outbid me on a few days earlier. I tell them to kick rocks.
They usually end up relisted.
When I created the thread I didn't think of this at all. Again, my take on it is simple... if you're going after something rare or something like every serial numbered card out of /3 or something like that, then I understand not wanting to show your hand. For me, the cards I enjoy having multiple of, I don't overpay AT ALL. SO people can try and to make a buck on me but it won't work. Again, there is a Gold auto /88 on COMC right now and has been there for years and it's just not happening. Guy won't accept offers and the card won't sell. Nothing I hoard is worth more than $10, so such is life ;)

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
One type of my Holliday cards I have a few of. I have 7 out of the 27 of the Big Daddy cards and 3 out of the18 triple threads 1404445384046.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I think the Will Clark collector a few pages back has me beat pretty easily on quantity, but im still pretty proud of my hoard here. Closing in on 2,000 rookie dupes, nearly 200 of them being the main UD rookie card.

1407199889365.jpg
1407199901685.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
While I don't have them in hand as they are sitting in my "The Pit" portfolio...... 129 of the 250 that were made ....

Qty. Card DescriptionYour Avg.
Price
Last
Trade
Current
Bid
Current
Ask
Today's
Change (%)
129 05 Shawn Bowman Bowman Chrome Uncirculated Encased 0 $1.62$ 1.05 $0.05 $ 0.95 -

TMP90.jpg

I could have added to your collection at one point.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
If someone wants to be a DB, it would be an effort to remember what cards to buy whenever it comes up so I'm guessing most of us are safe

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I used to "mini" hoard the 90 Leaf Belle (and Baerga) actually. I think I got up to around 30 copies before I stopped getting them. They were obviously more valuable then. Now I shudder to think how little a 30 card lot of them would probably cost.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I used to "mini" hoard the 90 Leaf Belle (and Baerga) actually. I think I got up to around 30 copies before I stopped getting them. They were obviously more valuable then. Now I shudder to think how little a 30 card lot of them would probably cost.

Haha that's funny. Do you still have them? I have probably 15 of them but don't hoard them or know how I got so many of them.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yep, still tucked away with the rest of the Belle collection. Actually, I may have added more when I bought that guys collection a few years back. I remember multiples of all of his RCs, including this one. I'll have to dig out the box and remind myself someday.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts