Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Has anyone seen a Griffey Clouds Diffractor XX/25? I've been keeping an eye out on ebay and haven't seen one pop up. I would have thought with as much of this stuff that's been ripped that one would have popped up by now. I'm beginning to think that there might not be any out there.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Friday and today's mail had my first waves of tek. These really are nice looking cards - much nicer in hand. They did a great job with these.

Got the 1/1 in my first break ever with AIG.

I'm hoping the rest come tomorrow :)

tek1.jpg

tek2.jpg

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Friday and today's mail had my first waves of tek. These really are nice looking cards - much nicer in hand. They did a great job with these.

tek1.jpg

tek2.jpg

Such a great PC hit for you on the McGwire autograph! Congrats again and the rest look GREAT together!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

tek1.jpg

tek2.jpg

Those big macs look awesome together! !!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks guys, been fun having the time to get back into the hobby a bit again. Glad I got back in time for these!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Do we have any more intel on buybacks yet? Most I've seen of a single player is 4 Glavine (all unique patterns - 2xA, 2xB).

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Do we have any more intel on buybacks yet? Most I've seen of a single player is 4 Glavine (all unique patterns - 2xA, 2xB).

I've seen 2 Griffeys, one in a Reds uniform and the other in a Mariners uniform. I don't know Tek at all so I can't tell you what years/sets/patterns they are from.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Has anyone seen a Griffey Clouds Diffractor XX/25? I've been keeping an eye out on ebay and haven't seen one pop up. I would have thought with as much of this stuff that's been ripped that one would have popped up by now. I'm beginning to think that there might not be any out there.

Looks like one of these has surfaced now.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
So Topps put the "comet" design in the background of all the cards?Nice looking set, would have preferred the left the "comet" out of the background though.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
So fun to see what is happening with base and how people are valuing them.

Check this Abreu out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Yopps-High-Tek-Circuit-Board-Pattern-Jose-Abreu-RC-1B-White-Sox-Rare-/221632435872?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item339a5296a0&nma=true&si=SxtlBM3DkVvdhpFQZji38vkXmdA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That's over $100 more than a Blue Dots and the rarer Cracked Ice can sell for under $20. The "rarest" Stripes version is anywhere from under $100 to just over $200 and it appears at least five have hit the market.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I still need the Belle base from this release but for anyone who is interested, I was able to pick up all the serial numbered Belle cards from this release for an average of $5 all-in a piece outside of the /10 which I paid $20 and the /5 which I paid $23. It was also nice that [MENTION=3132]Pine Tar[/MENTION] sent me the /99 to contribute to the PC and was just such an awesome gesture :) I also forked over like $100 or whatever for the 1/1 but I'm OK with that considering the balance were all picked up relatively cheap.

As for the SP cards which we have no clue what their print run is... these were all picked up for $3 to $5 all-in outside of the "maze" or "circuit board" for $13. I also can't seem to locate (haven't looked very hard) for what Beckett is calling the "Stripes" card? Anyone have a clue about this one... I'm going to start trying to figure it out now.

I also picked up a printing plate for like $40, so that was nice. I'm pretty much only a few printing plates away from having all the cards of Belle from this release. All-in-all not a bad release for me $ wise IMO.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Congratulations on picking up an almost complete run of Belle. The stripes patterns are tough but isn't that what kind of makes it fun. I've been working on a few runs but nothing is as complete as yours.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I still need the Belle base from this release but for anyone who is interested, I was able to pick up all the serial numbered Belle cards from this release for an average of $5 all-in a piece outside of the /10 which I paid $20 and the /5 which I paid $23. It was also nice that @Pine Tar sent me the /99 to contribute to the PC and was just such an awesome gesture :) I also forked over like $100 or whatever for the 1/1 but I'm OK with that considering the balance were all picked up relatively cheap.

As for the SP cards which we have no clue what their print run is... these were all picked up for $3 to $5 all-in outside of the "maze" or "circuit board" for $13. I also can't seem to locate (haven't looked very hard) for what Beckett is calling the "Stripes" card? Anyone have a clue about this one... I'm going to start trying to figure it out now.

I also picked up a printing plate for like $40, so that was nice. I'm pretty much only a few printing plates away from having all the cards of Belle from this release. All-in-all not a bad release for me $ wise IMO.

Awesome start, glad Belle was in it for you.

Latest posts