Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1990 Donruss Aqeuous Uncut Sheet on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
For player collectors sake everywhere, I really hope griffeyfan24 did not win this.Belle Donruss Aqueous = an arm and both legs

They are neat oddball items, I just don't see $600 plus for a Ripken.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Oh and to be clear, this isn't actually an Aqeuous Test sheet. Both sides contain cards not found in the Aqeuous or Blue/White Test sets.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Oh and to be clear, this isn't actually an Aqeuous Test sheet. Both sides contain cards not found in the Aqeuous or Blue/White Test sets.

Wouldn't this be consider a Red/Red Test? From the description:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
One (1) rare full, uncut 1990 Red/Red Donruss Aqueous test sheet. This is a full, uncut sheet with 132 cards on each side. The front side of the test sheet is the glossy/shiny/aqueous side, the other side is the dull/(non aqueous) back side.​
[/FONT]

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Wouldn't this be consider a Red/Red Test? From the description:

One (1) rare full, uncut 1990 Red/Red Donruss Aqueous test sheet. This is a full, uncut sheet with 132 cards on each side. The front side of the test sheet is the glossy/shiny/aqueous side, the other side is the dull/(non aqueous) back side.​

That's what I refer to it as, the Red/Red Test. I think the seller just threw the "Aqueous" in there to get more eyes on it.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Ahhh, do you have one?

I had a "common" from the red test which I no longer have. But from what I could tell the glossiness seemed more like a standard card than one of the Aqueous test cards. Though even with an Aqueous card it's hard to tell much of a difference in glossiness over a standard card.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
I wonder if there's a pile of these sheets yet to come onto the market?

Possibly, but I think there are only maybe 10 copies of each Aqueous Test card out there, and fewer than that for the Blue/White Test, so I don't think it would be a large pile.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Possibly, but I think there are only maybe 10 copies of each Aqueous Test card out there, and fewer than that for the Blue/White Test, so I don't think it would be a large pile.

My guess is that there are at least 15 copies of each Aqueous card out there, I own 9 or 10 Robby Thompson Aqueous cards, and have confirmed 3 more plus possibly two to four more past that, so I figure 15 for Thompson, which all came from sheets that contained all of the other players.

9 of the Thompson's are pictured here:

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
My guess is that there are at least 15 copies of each Aqueous card out there, I own 9 or 10 Robby Thompson Aqueous cards, and have confirmed 3 more plus possibly two to four more past that, so I figure 15 for Thompson, which all came from sheets that contained all of the other players.

9 of the Thompson's are pictured here:

OK, that's awesome seeing 9 of the same player together. And after seeing that, and from what you've said, I'd have to agree with your assessment of possibly up to 15 copies per player. Still not a whole lot... but definitely more than were thought a few years ago.

Members online

Latest posts