Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Pinnacle Aficionado First Pitch Preview - Have your guy or any player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
1996_pinnacle_aficionado_16.png
1996_pinnacle_aficionado_artists_proof_16.png
1996_pinnacle_aficionado_first_pitch_preview_16.png

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
...I know the Vizquel collector and most of the Juan Gonzalez collector's doubt they all exist, but I'm pretty sure someone on here has a set or at least close to it.

I really have no idea. I'd like to believe it exists and I've been told it does, but can't get a scan of it and I've basically given up.

I'd like to know what the set would bring if it was broken up.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I really have no idea. I'd like to believe it exists and I've been told it does, but can't get a scan of it and I've basically given up.

I'd like to know what the set would bring if it was broken up.

If a set were ever broken up, it would be a bizarre situation where cards would either go for a metric XXXXton, or nothing. I have seen a few on COMC or ebay go for next to nothing, or not sell for small amounts. I remember a Dean Palmer went unsold on ebay for $4.99 with free shipping a few years back; a board member graciously offered to grab it for me (it was my no-ebay days), but I was too late. On the other side, I'm sure a Will Clark may be close to four figures.

I need Daulton. I have a Dykstra and a Gant.

There was a Daulton on COMC at one point. I think a board member may have had it on there at one point.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Wow, thanks. I never saw one surface. Do you know where you got it from?

I'm not real sure, but I think it was a direct sale, through email, rather than ebay. However, I do have an recorded ebay completed sale of it in 2012 (not to me), so it's at least been on ebay once.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Anyone have a Jeter?

Jeter definitely doesn't exist, only cards 1-100 have a First Pitch Preview, or POTENTIALLY have a First Pitch Preview anyway. It was only a 100 card Preview Set.

Edit: saw up above DeliciousBacon answered your question correctly, so yep, just confirmation :)

Last edited:

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I'm sure a Will Clark may be close to four figures.

I think it would sell for lower than some might expect. I've had at least 1 extra and I sold it for $200. He is 1 of those "big names" if you guys will let me call him that, that is actually not that rare. There are plenty of them out there and most big Clark guys have theirs and some extras.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Jeter definitely doesn't exist, only cards 1-100 have a First Pitch Preview, or POTENTIALLY have a First Pitch Preview anyway. It was only a 100 card Preview Set.

Thanks for the heads up
Kinda glad one doesn't exist lol
Easier on my wallet

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I remember playing the game in my college library. I didn't have a computer then.

I know I won but I always thought until several years ago that I was sent a clemens sample card instead of a fpp.

Have no idea where, who or if I got a fpp.

Just to add that just recently I found it, a Larry walker.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts