Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 MLB HoF notables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
So as I was watching the ceremony yesterday, I would see low crawling at the bottom of my screen the names eligible for 2015 HoF consideration. Names like Smoltz, Randy Johnson, Gary Sheffield and Pedro Martinez. I can see Smoltz being voted in 1st Ballot. Your thoughts?

CFD1415

Jun 7, 2013
Mocksville, NC
Yeah I Think Smoltz Will Get In First Time. Seems Like That 94 Braces Championship Team Was Full Of Hall Of Famers
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Smoltz, big unit are in. Pedro is a close call.
Pedro is not a close call, he's a slam dunk. At least as much as Big Unit and way more so than Smoltz. I'm a devout Yankee fan and can't stand Pedro, but he is easily the most dominant pitcher of the recent past. I was just pleased the Yanks had his number even some of the time.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Pedro is not a close call, he's a slam dunk. At least as much as Big Unit and way more so than Smoltz. I'm a devout Yankee fan and can't stand Pedro, but he is easily the most dominant pitcher of the recent past. I was just pleased the Yanks had his number even some of the time.

Exactly. There's nothing "close call" about Pedro. He's a stone cold lock 1st ballot guy. He's one of the Top-10 pitchers of all-time, if not better than that and the electorate knows it.

CFD1415

Jun 7, 2013
Mocksville, NC
With Pedro I Think He Will Get In Just No First Ballot. Sheffield I Dont Think Gets In Either
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Randy Johnson is the only slam dunk....garnering a 92%+ percentage I'd imagine.

Pedro in the mid-80s then Smoltz with mid to upper 70s.

jrosales

Mar 23, 2013
I feel that Smoltz is a HOFer but there is no way that Pedro is a 'close call' while Smoltz is automatic. Most likely, it'll be the other way around. Hopefully voters will have enough sense to vote in the 3 first-time aces, but if one has to be left off, it will be Smoltz. Johnson and Martinez are 2 all-time greats (as in, 2 of the 15 best pitchers to ever play the game). There is no way either of them is NOT a lock with at least 90% each.

Although he's deserving, Smoltz is probably one of the best 50-100 pitchers ever, which makes me believe that there's a chance he might have to wait until 2016.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I second this...still bugs me how he handled Don Zimmer tho...

I didn't at the time, and still don't think it was that bad. What would you do if an enraged senior citizen came at you? I'd probably stepped aside and roll him down too. Not like Pedro threw punches at him or was overly aggressive. It seemed like a pretty defensive move to me. And yeah, I loved Zimmer too!

Members online

Latest posts