Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
You guys have me so confused. The Vlad link says two 1/1s but only one is pictured, and it's not even a 1/1, right? EDIT: I see now... the 1/1 is on the front apparently.

And what is this about a Jeter die cut?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
You guys have me so confused. The Vlad link says two 1/1s but only one is pictured, and it's not even a 1/1, right? EDIT: I see now... the 1/1 is on the front apparently.

And what is this about a Jeter die cut?

The Vlad listings are confusing in general because of lack of descriptions, lack of pictures and 2 listings.

The Jeter Die Cut was the second card that is part of that Griffey Embossed Die Cut Refractor that [MENTION=9589]mrdallas[/MENTION] posted the link to.

Ryan

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Saw this just sold on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/361472959320?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Anybody have information on it? Looks like an intriguing piece.

I bought this one because it had 2 Thomas promos and a third base card, this is really one of the only ways to buy clipped promos and feel somewhat sure of your purchase. A portfolio sold in November for the same price with one Frank promo, and several years ago a member here purchased a portfolio as well.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Are there 4 97 Pinnacle cardfrontations press plates? I say yes. Help. What color would this be? I would think it would be a Magenta Front

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Are there 4 97 Pinnacle cardfrontations press plates? I say yes. Help. What color would this be? I would think it would be a Magenta Front

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

[h=3]Press Plate Previews[/h] As a way to promote the new Press Plate concept, the actual plates used to print 1997 Pinnacle Baseball were distributed within sealed cases of 1997 New Pinnacle. Both the plates and the cases were serial-numbered. Dealers lucky enough to have been sent a case where the serial number on the case matches the serial number on the Press Plate would win a prize for their store.
Eight press plates for each card (four front plates and four back plates) were included for all 200 base cards plus all ten Shades inserts.
A total of 1680 Press Plates were distributed.

[h=3]Press Plates[/h] These "cards" are the authentic aluminum plates that transfer the ink to the cardboard for each individual card back and front. Each plate displays an authentication seal on the back and is autographed by Pinnacle Chairman and CEO, Jerry Meyer.
Unlike similar inserts that would come along in later years, each card has eight press plates for each of the four colors used in printing the front AND the back. All cards from both the 200-card base set AND the three insert sets were inserted into packs. There were a grand total of 2224 Press Plates inserted into packs.
A collector who put together any combination of the four press plates from the same card front or back could return the plates to Pinnacle by August 22, 1997 and receive a "bounty" of $35,000. A sliding reward scale was imposed with a $30,000 bounty for plates received by August 29, 1997, $25,000 for those received by September 5, 1997, and $20,000 for those received after September 5 but before December 31, 1997. It is unknown if anyone managed to collect any of the bounties.

s-l1600.jpg

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010
Maybe I am too old school, but I am the only one who finds most of these inserts repulsive? I can't stand the fake backgrounds, all the lasery stuff going on. I guess I prefer a players to be pictured on the field or at bat.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If it has been discussed or a thread already made, please let me know but otherwise have any of you seen the 1996 Leaf Studio Hit Parade Promos that sold this weekend? I was able to get the Belle for $30 BIN but he also sold the Puckett, Thomas, Piazza and Bonds it looks like.

Link: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

They aren't listed in Beckett but thought I would see what people knew or if they had seen these before. I have already exchanged emails with Beckett regarding it and they're looking into it; likely will be added to player checklists this week after seeing these sales.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Maybe I am too old school, but I am the only one who finds most of these inserts repulsive? I can't stand the fake backgrounds, all the lasery stuff going on. I guess I prefer a players to be pictured on the field or at bat.

I know what you mean, to an extent. But I would venture a guess that many of the previous 15,500+ posts would beg to differ ;)

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010
I know what you mean, to an extent. But I would venture a guess that many of the previous 15,500+ posts would beg to differ ;)

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I hear ya. Dont get me wrong I certainly wouldnt mind having some of them but I am more of a traditionalist I guess. :D

Members online