Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andrew Cashner...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I remember fellow Padres fans being outraged when Rizzo was traded. It looks like we have a potential ace in our staff now.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Rizzo isn't too shabby and still three years younger. Looks like a good trade for both sides IMO

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Too early to tell, always been under the impression you should trade for pitching and not trade it away, but I'm still trusting in Theo

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
His stuff was unbelievable last night. Man that dive by Gyorko was so close to preserve the no hitter! The quest for the Padres 1st no hitter continues.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I'm pretty sure the Cubs are happy with a solid every day 1B who is only 24 years old,
in exchange for a 27 year old pitcher with a 16-20 career record over 5 seasons.

True that. So if he has a great year this year, but his team sucks at scoring runs, then the Pods will think this is a win for them as well.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I'm pretty sure the Cubs are happy with a solid every day 1B who is only 24 years old,
in exchange for a 27 year old pitcher with a 16-20 career record over 5 seasons.

Yes because wins is how we should measure pitcher's abilities. Kind of hard to have a winning record when you've pitched for two crappy teams (Cubs & Padres).

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
My biggest issue with the Cubs and Cashner is how they dicked him around, moving him between the bullpen and the rotation and back and forth, etc. It is the worst thing you can do to any pitcher, and of course he kept having arm injuries. I can understand the trade from not sides, and with Cashner's injury history (which I blame the idiot cubs for), I get why Theo and Jed would make the trade. I can see this trade still working out very well for both sides in the long run. Note, I invested in Cashner and really didn't want the Cubs to move him when they did. I am much more upset about the Cubs giving away both Josh Hamilton (yes the cubs had him and traded him to the reds for nothing) and Josh Donaldson. It hurts to imagine where the Cubs would be if they didn't screw both of those up....

cubsfan3434

Feb 9, 2014
My biggest issue with the Cubs and Cashner is how they dicked him around, moving him between the bullpen and the rotation and back and forth, etc. It is the worst thing you can do to any pitcher, and of course he kept having arm injuries. I can understand the trade from not sides, and with Cashner's injury history (which I blame the idiot cubs for), I get why Theo and Jed would make the trade. I can see this trade still working out very well for both sides in the long run. Note, I invested in Cashner and really didn't want the Cubs to move him when they did. I am much more upset about the Cubs giving away both Josh Hamilton (yes the cubs had him and traded him to the reds for nothing) and Josh Donaldson. It hurts to imagine where the Cubs would be if they didn't screw both of those up....

I wouldn't say that they dicked him around by moving him from the bullpen to rotation repeatedly.

His first season, 2010, he was in the bullpen all year. His second season, 2011, he won a starting position in spring training and in his first career start injured his shoulder and missed the entire season. Then he was traded in the offseason.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
I love how defensive the Cubs fans get. The Cubs badly need pitching and Cashner would provide a solid 1-2 punch with Smardzija. That young power hitting 1b doesn't do you any good when the rotation and the bullpen are getting shelled for major runs every game.

cubsfan3434

Feb 9, 2014
I love how defensive the Cubs fans get. The Cubs badly need pitching and Cashner would provide a solid 1-2 punch with Smardzija. That young power hitting 1b doesn't do you any good when the rotation and the bullpen are getting shelled for major runs every game.

A third solid starting pitcher doesn't do you any good when your offense, bullpen, and tail end of your rotation are getting destroyed by the other team every game. Either way you look at it the Cubs suck.

At the time, with all information available at the time, it looked like a fair trade. It still looks pretty fair. Who cares what happens after that? Hindsight.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

Ie Mel Rios I lean Edwin Jackson.
He is the highest paid on the team right now and sucks so bad it is painful to watch Dickie Renteria defend this POS of a pitcher saying it early he will bounce back.
And Carlos V looks just like Carlos Marmol when he is out there growing the ball all over the backstop.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area

Who is getting defensive?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Who is getting defensive? Of course the other thing to remember is that Cashner's will easily be a 1/2 run better in Petco rather than Wrigley, if not MORE with all the games he gets to pitch in LA and San Fran as well. I think it was a fair trade, still thing that now and 3 years down the line it will/could be a fair trade.

Members online

Latest posts