Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is there a way to contact a member on COMC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I am looking at a card I would like to get but wanted to contact the member first so how would I go about doing that as I don't want to add money unless I know he will accept my offer seeing if you want to take money back they charge you.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I am looking at a card I would like to get but wanted to contact the member first so how would I go about doing that as I don't want to add money unless I know he will accept my offer seeing if you want to take money back they charge you.

Doesn't COMC have some special offer rules for higher dollar cards? Maybe I'm just imagining this, but I thought you could offer on higher dollar cards without adding all the fund first.....Either way, you can always just request the money back within 30 days with no charge if he doesn't accept. That is if you can't find a way to contact him.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
COMC does not charge you to get a refund on unused credit as long as you ask for the refund within 30 days of adding that amount.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Doesn't COMC have some special offer rules for higher dollar cards? Maybe I'm just imagining this, but I thought you could offer on higher dollar cards without adding all the fund first.....Either way, you can always just request the money back within 30 days with no charge if he doesn't accept. That is if you can't find a way to contact him.

Funny, there is a card that I have wanted on COMC "on sale" for $100. Looked to see if I could make an offer without store credit, and saw the price was bumped to $200. It's probably a $25 card on a good day, and I'd be willing to spend $50-$60 on it.

Unfortunetly, it seems COMC has become a card museum.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
The type of situation you're describing is happening more and more. Sellers are asking prices that are so high, an offer that is closer to "market value" might seem lowball, if it doesn't get automatically blocked by the seller's minimum offer filter.

Of course, "market value" and fair asking price are all pretty subjective.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
The type of situation you're describing is happening more and more. Sellers are asking prices that are so high, an offer that is closer to "market value" might seem lowball, if it doesn't get automatically blocked by the seller's minimum offer filter.

Of course, "market value" and fair asking price are all pretty subjective.

I've noticed this too. Do you think it is because of all the people trying to flip cards on there to make money? Maybe every time a good deal gets listed, it gets snatched up by a flipper and they jack up the price. Whatever the reason, i find myself buying less and less on comc.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
Not all users do that - when I send cards in, my goal is to sell them. So I try to be realistic about pricing. I do know some people do actually use COMC as a bucket - so they will buy a card and list it higher than it should be to eliminate interest. They can then show off the cards and use it instead of another picture site.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of guys who price with their heads up their hoo-hoos. I see around 25 Chase Headley cards that would be purchases for me if the prices were even withing 20-30% of going rates on eBay.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Since we are on this topic how much do they charge per card if I was to send cards to them to be sold. Is it even worth sending cheaper cards to them?

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
They have three processing levels - Basic is .25 per card and takes 2-8 weeks (usually the majority are done well before 8 weeks lately), Select is .50 and processes in two weeks, Premius is $1.00 and processing in 2-3 days. Most of what I sell is in the $1-5 range.

Here is their walkthrough:

http://www.comc.com/Sell.aspx

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
They have three processing levels - Basic is .25 per card and takes 2-8 weeks (usually the majority are done well before 8 weeks lately), Select is .50 and processes in two weeks, Premius is $1.00 and processing in 2-3 days. Most of what I sell is in the $1-5 range.

Here is their walkthrough:

http://www.comc.com/Sell.aspx

So does that mean when I scan and add the item it says up till it's sold or do I need to pay a monthly fee? Also do you pay up front or after the cards sell?

Last edited:

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
You mail them the cards and they scan and add the information for you. When the card is processed and ready to go live, you will pay the fees - though they will let you go negative a bit if you are short funds - you can't predict how many will come and when. The card is .25 for the listing service and you don't pay a monthly storage until after 90 days - it is then .01 per card priced over .75.

So does that mean when I scan and add the item it says up till it's sold or do I need to pay a monthly fee? Also do you pay up front or after the cards sell?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I've noticed this too. Do you think it is because of all the people trying to flip cards on there to make money? Maybe every time a good deal gets listed, it gets snatched up by a flipper and they jack up the price. Whatever the reason, i find myself buying less and less on comc.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I think you have it right there. COMC used to be an amazing site, now it's become a nightmare to use. I'll try to look through the Recently Added stuff and end up with 15 pages of early 90's commons, modern base cards with 75 copies each, and horrendously overpriced mid-level inserts. Last time I saw a good deal was when I picked up a 2001 Topps Heritage Chrome Schilling for $3, and that was months ago. The flippers have really hurt COMC, and they themselves aren't helping by allowing so much garbage to be listed.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
There's been so many posts about what to send in, etc but I've never added to one.

The cards I've sent in are always odd balls, numbered, rookies, rare or really low numbered.

I don't send In autos or game used because they sell in my store.

Before I send in cards, I check to see what similar (or exact) cards are listed at. Generally, I won't send in any card I don't think I can get at least a buck for.

I also am usually the lowest priced on nearly all my cards and accept offers, often at 50% off.

Using the above formula, I generally always wind up selling every cards I've sent it.

I've never cashed my funds out, instead I've used the funds to add to my personal collection.

I really don't understand why anyone would send in base cards or junk inserts.

To give people an idea, here's my inventory, although more is being added http://www.comc.com/Users/BBC,i100

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I have 2 ports for sale and have about 3300 cards and 2900 cards and Im getting F'N ridiculous offers...
I can't sell my 2013 port because there is more than 5000 cards in there..
Why the heck would I accept an offer of $1000 when it cost $1525 just to send it in, Not counting the what the cards are worth..
All my listings were close to the lowest price if not the lowest, and my asking price comes out to about $10500

Members online