Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arizona Diamondbacks Collector/Talk Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
In all likelihood Goldschmidt has already reached the Arizona Diamondbacks Hall of Fame. The following are D-Backs records that he has already broken:
Only player to have two 20 HR/20 SB seasons
Only player with three .300/30 HR/100 RBI seasons
Only player with four 100 run seasons

He's the all-time leader in the following statistical categories
WAR among position players (35.2)
Career batting average (.302)
Career OBP (.403)
Career slg% (.537)
Career OPS (.940)

As for counting stats he's the runner up in just about every category (Hits, Runs, Stolen Bases, RBI, Runs, Home Runs, Total Bases, Extra Base Hits, etc.). Luis Gonzalez holds most of those records but Goldy has 1,200 fewer at-bats which is the equivalent to 2 full seasons. If you calculate the average stats per season of his career Goldschmidt would easily overthrow Gonzalez with each category with the exception of stolen bases which is the only category not led by Gonzalez (Womack). Unfortunately it's unlikely we'll get 2 more seasons out of him since he becomes a free agent in 2019 and there is no way this ball club will be able to afford him, based on the huge offers he'll be getting from large market teams & this makes me a sad panda. Regardless, Goldschmidt will be one of those rare players I'll continue to follow after he's traded.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
For some reason I think that there is a chance that they do offer a large contract to him. It'll be interesting to see if he gives any discount.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
For some reason I think that there is a chance that they do offer a large contract to him. It'll be interesting to see if he gives any discount.

Ryan

I've been holding out some level of hope he'll go the Chipper Jones, Derek Jeter, etc. route and sign for a team discount. I think the chances of this happening will increase if we make the postseason these next couple seasons because I'm sure some players actually care about winning a World Series as much as they do the money.

Either way, I'd be thrilled to see the D-Backs offer him a big contract. I'm sure they are aware he's one of those special players (power hitting gold glove 1st baseman who hits for average and has speed) who don't come around often.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
When Fitzgerald retires (Cardinals) , Goldy will be the face of AZ sports if he wants to be.

Ryan

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I hope the D-backs to extend his contract, he strikes me as one of those guys that identfies with his team and I'd like to see a 20 year guy with one team, he seems to have that attitude. I certainly think winning will help their chances. But really who wouldn't want to stick around with some of the other young exciting players they have.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
While I may absolutely dread the offseason at least I get to look forward to stocking up on some Goldschmidt cards, as prices of cardboard go down significantly during this period of miserable time.

As usual I'll also load up on prospects but I'm putting aside a considerable chunk of change for Goldy.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Okay, I've been an advocate of Torey Lovullo for most of the season but I just can't fathom the reasoning behind putting in our B team, no scratch that, C team (no Goldy, *******, Martinez and replaced with minor league players) against our biggest rival at their ball club. It's as if he's assuming we've already won the 1st wild card spot when it's quiet possible we may not even get into the Wild Card playoff game.

I understand that he likes to get every player in on the action (and I fully support this) and some players need rest down the stretch but do this when we are facing a non-contending team, not our biggest competition and if you really must put these replacement players/minor league players up against a contending team, do it when we are playing at home.

Lovullo does have a making me eat crow with some of his surprising moves but I have a hard time believing we can win today with this reserve team.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I don't understand why Lamb always turns to **** after the All-Star break. Just like last season he was crushing it in the first half but all of a sudden his power completely disappears, as does his contact and he strikes out about 50% of the time.

Fortunately for me I knew this coming and I traded him a few weeks back for a nice return of players in my dynasty league.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Okay, I've been an advocate of Torey Lovullo for most of the season but I just can't fathom the reasoning behind putting in our B team, no scratch that, C team (no Goldy, *******, Martinez and replaced with minor league players) against our biggest rival at their ball club. It's as if he's assuming we've already won the 1st wild card spot when it's quiet possible we may not even get into the Wild Card playoff game.

I understand that he likes to get every player in on the action (and I fully support this) and some players need rest down the stretch but do this when we are facing a non-contending team, not our biggest competition and if you really must put these replacement players/minor league players up against a contending team, do it when we are playing at home.

Lovullo does have a making me eat crow with some of his surprising moves but I have a hard time believing we can win today with this reserve team.

Crow = Eaten

Members online