Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "HOLY CRAP!" end-price thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
There was feedback left , but who knows.

Ryan

Hey! - I got that one.

20140816_162839_zps9eda4d21.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Not until relatively recently, with a few guys are bidding out of their skulls. I suspect it'll die down eventually and you'll be able to pick up a nice auto for about $30.

Well I had been looking for quite a while but it seems there just isn't much out there in the way of certified stuff for him. And the few I've seen haven't quite caught my eye enough to merit the money. I like the lone star signatures that is/was up but not at $50. I was thinking maybe that's why they were so high? But that Stadium club auto is sweet looking. If I were to grab his auto, I'd be after that card out of everything I've seen. I've also been scoping out an Evan Gattis auto and I love the one from Stadium Club too.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Over $7,800 for the following 4 cards. Obviously the bat barrels are really nice and should have a healthy price, but I think it's clear the days of bargain-priced OV cards are officially over. People have taken notice, and more and more interesting cards are popping up.

$3,050 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/151459773973

$3,050 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/151459773649

$945 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/151459783018

$779 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/151459782199
I'm assuming you were the winner of those? Also, do you have one of the 5 barrels? Weird to see someone own 2 of the 5 and sell them both... I agree with you that the times of bargain prices are pretty over. I'm having a harder and harder time keeping up with the Belle cards because the new stuff is attracting the new age buyer who is throwing paychecks at cards and the '90s cards are just rare and attract the die hard guys who have been waiting years to see them...

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I'm assuming you were the winner of those? Also, do you have one of the 5 barrels? Weird to see someone own 2 of the 5 and sell them both... I agree with you that the times of bargain prices are pretty over. I'm having a harder and harder time keeping up with the Belle cards because the new stuff is attracting the new age buyer who is throwing paychecks at cards and the '90s cards are just rare and attract the die hard guys who have been waiting years to see them...

Nope, I didn't even bid. I love this hobby but $3K is just silly, IMO.

I haven't been much of a player in the recent insanity. As I predicted, the Triple Threads prices dropped like a rock. Happy to sit it out, knowing I'll ultimately miss a few. It's really just a new wrinkle in my collecting habits!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Nope, I didn't even bid. I love this hobby but $3K is just silly, IMO.

I haven't been much of a player in the recent insanity. As I predicted, the Triple Threads prices dropped like a rock. Happy to sit it out, knowing I'll ultimately miss a few. It's really just a new wrinkle in my collecting habits!
I am a little surprised you didn't put your name in the hat for those considering you probably haven't seen them previously or in the last so-many years?

I would agree with you though that $3k is just insane. I can tell you that once a Belle card starts to get into the $100s of dollars and even above $200, I start to get shaky and usually will lose out. I have been EXTREMELY fortunate in the really rare Belle cards I own came from people who were extremely willing to work with me and the price couldn't have been better. I guess I'm lucky that Belle doesn't have any barrels or anything in '90s products and his new stuff is usually in the $300 range, which sometimes I can swing and other times no chance.

Jan 14, 2009

It really is. And unfortunately, it's also a testament to the apathetic bidding happening these days with cards that don't have much catalog presence or accessible info.

And yes, had I seen that, I'd have jumped on it.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Those Vizquel prices are truly nuts. This has been happening for a decent while now too. If these prices continue, do we just think of him in the same tier as Jeter and Griffey?? Craziness.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts