Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MONSTER - Josh Johnson/Buehrle/Reyes to TOR For Alvarez/Escobar/Hechavarria/Nicolino/Marisnick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
What is this for the Marlins -- the third massive "everything goes" fire sale in 15 years?

Hard to criticize a franchise that has two titles in 15 years (and based on my recollection, at the 2003 one was done largely with homegrown talent), but this kind of turnover is absurd. If a GM swings and misses that badly and then wants to bail after one year, I'd fire his ass so fast that his head would spin.

Did Reyes not have a no-trade clause?

EDIT -- To answer my own question, Reyes' deal did NOT have a no-trade clause. What kind of numbnut signs a long-term $100M deal without getting a no-trade clause?

Last edited:

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Jays had to do something though if they want to compete, and pitching I'm sure was their #1 priority this off-season.

Do the Jays even have a manager yet?

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
What is this for the Marlins -- the third massive "everything goes" fire sale in 15 years?

Hard to criticize a franchise that has two titles in 15 years (and based on my recollection, at the 2003 one was done largely with homegrown talent), but this kind of turnover is absurd. If a GM swings and misses that badly and then wants to bail after one year, I'd fire his ass so fast that his head would spin.

Did Reyes not have a no-trade clause?
Correct.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Tweet of the day.

Giancarlo Stanton ‏@Giancarlo818
Alright, I'm pissed off!!! Plain & Simple

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
I would be too.

I wonder if he will ask for a trade now?

He could, but he has absolutely no leverage to ask for a trade. He's not even arbitration eligible.

The only leverage he has is not signing a long-term extension, but Miami still has unfettered control over him for four more years.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'm curious as such a huge collector does this change how you feel about your guy?
He's probably been expecting JJ to be traded over the last couple years with all of the rumors of it....he might not have expected him to end up in Canada, though. lol

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Where's our own Ian Stewart (Alex) when you need him? I wonder if he's still alive after reading this.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Now this is funny.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
#Marlins insist Grooms sculpture will not be traded for the Hard Rock Café at Rogers Centre. Sculpture is not convinced.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Re: Josh Johnson Headed to the Blue Jays?

And I thought that the Izturis signing was going to be the biggest deal for the Jays.....

Isn't the policy usually that if you heard about it, then it probably isn't happening? AA is annoyingly secretive. Still, it'd be really nice the see a big "holy crap!" deal from the Jays.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com.

Last edited:

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
JP when this trade is finalized can you give us a low-down on the prospects involved? That would be much appreciated for the FCBers not up to par on the MiLB market.:cool:

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Great trade for the Jays. They immediately become a playoff contender.

As for the Marlins, their ownership group is probably the most dishonest, least likable front office in baseball. I understand making some moves, but blowing this team up is premature. Albert Pujols is definitely happy he didn't sign with the fish.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Great trade for the Jays. They immediately become a playoff contender.

As for the Marlins, their ownership group is probably the most dishonest, least likable front office in baseball. I understand making some moves, but blowing this team up is premature. Albert Pujols is definitely happy he didn't sign with the fish.

If he had he would probably have been traded to the Royals

Members online

Latest posts