Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Babe Ruth collection finally scanned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Please warn us that you have so many next time so I can tell my wife to take care of me and not mess all over my keyboard. :oops:

Omg I just ****** my pants and omg my underwear just got tight from seeing cards. Do we really need these comments?

Nice collection by the way.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
so the 01 trubute has a realy game used bat? does every topps card from 2001 have that too?? when did topps stop taking the strict steps to make sure it was authentic gu and not just used? thanks

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
so the 01 trubute has a realy game used bat? does every topps card from 2001 have that too?? when did topps stop taking the strict steps to make sure it was authentic gu and not just used? thanks
I don't know the answers to these questions, as the editor (which was me for Tribute) doesn't have any knowledge of the relic items except for a list of names with bat/jersey. However, I just know from overhearing conversations about that first Tribute set that all items went to authenticators after they were purchased, and several didn't get the green light. Can't tell you more than that.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I don't know the answers to these questions, as the editor (which was me for Tribute) doesn't have any knowledge of the relic items except for a list of names with bat/jersey. However, I just know from overhearing conversations about that first Tribute set that all items went to authenticators after they were purchased, and several didn't get the green light. Can't tell you more than that.

Yeah the early tribute game used pieces all went to third party authenticators. Those authenticators were extra diligent and did not give the green light unless they were fully convinced they were legit

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
so what years are we talking--2001 to 03???some of them i liked so i might reconsider

Yeah the early tribute game used pieces all went to third party authenticators. Those authenticators were extra diligent and did not give the green light unless they were fully convinced they were legit

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
so what years are we talking--2001 to 03???some of them i liked so i might reconsider

I believe so, I'm 100% sure 2001, and I am 95% sure 2002 and 2003 as well since most were from the same relic piece. This is my favorite Ruth card from those series'. I was lucky to pick it up for fairly cheap, even though Ruth bats are insanely common now, I think the picture represents an important part of baseball history.

IMG_4612.jpg

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
No I don't have a display for them. They have for the last few years been in a box. Wish I could though

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts