Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
96toppsmantlefinestref12.png

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Wow Giambi looks so svelte in that photo. even funnier to look at his Topps USA Olympic card and compare it to now.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
It's a joke. It'd be like me listing my super rare Belle cards at huge BIN prices knowing no one would pony up but it'd get people looking lol

It will sell - I know the seller
Not a good friend by any stretch but know him. He knows what he has and will hold onto it until someone ponies up for what he's looking for.... Similarly to Teawolves and Vintagesnowmobiles

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It will sell - I know the seller
Not a good friend by any stretch but know him. He knows what he has and will hold onto it until someone ponies up for what he's looking for.... Similarly to Teawolves and Vintagesnowmobiles

For what? Sell for what... No where near $100k lol

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
[h=3]Soaring Stars[/h] This set is also available in a "Glowing" parallel. Towards the end of the production run, Fleer ran out of the "starry" holographic foil used on the regular Soaring Stars, and switched to a "glowing" foil. It is believed that 10%-20% of the total production run was printed on "glowing" foil.
1997soarings.jpg

does anyone have a Glowing?? do they really Glow in the dark?/

Last edited:

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Speaking of refractors, I have a question about the 1998 Finest Centurion Refractors (reposting here from my original in the Griffey Thread). [MENTION=10975]athletics07[/MENTION] provided some helpful information and I'm hoping others have input:

Baseballcardpedia states that there were some unnumbered, backdoored copies that are in circulation and that those same backdoored copies have been doctored by people who've added fake serial numbers in attempts to pass them off as the "real" version. Sounds similar to the Flair Legacy Row 0's from that same year. After looking through Worthpoint, I found two versions: Which version is packed-out, and which is the backdoored/QC extras?

#1 : I've seen more versions of these appearing/sold:

#2 :
[/QUOTE]

bisioml

Nov 13, 2013
[h=3]Soaring Stars[/h] This set is also available in a "Glowing" parallel. Towards the end of the production run, Fleer ran out of the "starry" holographic foil used on the regular Soaring Stars, and switched to a "glowing" foil. It is believed that 10%-20% of the total production run was printed on "glowing" foil.
1997soarings.jpg

does anyone have a Glowing?? do they really Glow in the dark?/

I have the glowing parallel, and yes they do glow in the dark. Faintly, but glow they do!

I'll always be a 'Kid'...like THE 'KID'!

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Speaking of refractors, I have a question about the 1998 Finest Centurion Refractors (reposting here from my original in the Griffey Thread). @athletics07 provided some helpful information and I'm hoping others have input:

Baseballcardpedia states that there were some unnumbered, backdoored copies that are in circulation and that those same backdoored copies have been doctored by people who've added fake serial numbers in attempts to pass them off as the "real" version. Sounds similar to the Flair Legacy Row 0's from that same year. After looking through Worthpoint, I found two versions: Which version is packed-out, and which is the backdoored/QC extras?

#1 : I've seen more versions of these appearing/sold:

#2 :
[/QUOTE]

Great, great...just what I need to read when trying to have a complete checklist for my project. Thanks! :p

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Great, great...just what I need to read when trying to have a complete checklist for my project. Thanks! :p[/QUOTE]
also stated on
Baseballcardpedia
The fake cards have flat gold foil numbering. The real cards have bright foil numbering.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Does anyone have an idea how many of the fakes are out there? Over the years it seems I've seen an equal amount of each version and until last night in the Griffey Thread I hadn't seen an un-numbered version.

centurionrefractors.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts