Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allsandberg

Jan 16, 2016
What happened to this thread? Did it move or end. No comments since 11-2015. What a great reference. I'm new to this site so I'm disappointed.
Hope it's not gone. Went through the entire thread and had some basic or what you guys may call stupid questions.
Jacksoncoupage mentioned 2 lists, how do I see those lists?
Also since I collect Sandberg cards, I wanted to get in touch with "thelesguad", The Sandberg Collector. How do I do that?
Also, what does PM me, mean?
allsandberg

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Type @thelesguad and it will notify him that someone is mentioning him in the thread.

PM means Private Message.

Welcome and feel free to ask as many stupid questions as you want. We were all new to this once.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I believe it's [MENTION=2805]thelesquad[/MENTION], but I haven't seen him active here in a good while, which is a shame, he was a great member

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Can someone post a scan of any 91 gold leaf rookie with a base card number?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I remember a post on these but can't seem to find it. Did these actually get found in packs or strictly test issue?

allsandberg

Jan 16, 2016
Thank You!

Type @thelesguad and it will notify him that someone is mentioning him in the thread.

PM means Private Message.

Welcome and feel free to ask as many stupid questions as you want. We were all new to this once.

Thanks for the nice welcome Therion. I appreciate that and answering some of my questions.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I picked this one from a member here. The top is the preview version. The bottom is the preview version sample. The middle one is exactly like the top one however it does have the corner clipped. The seller was honest as to not being knowledgeable as to whether this was a variation but since I have seen other corner clipped samples on different Select cards I figured I should add it to the PC. Any thoughts or opinions?

image_56.jpeg

allsandberg

Jan 16, 2016
Lists;

We actually have two lists, "cards only" and "masterlist". These cards which are unknown printer malfunctions only go on the masterlist. They are counted different, but not as a "variation" or "widespread error". We use the "cards only" as the "must have" checklist of

cards and the masterlist to list 'oops' cards or tins or keychains, etc.

How do I get a copy or able to see the 2 lists you mention?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
A collector contacted me about a variation I had listed for the 1986 True Value set. He was told that the Mattingly inside the panel with the Hamilton Ad was different than the other ad. (it wasn't different)

SCAN9376 - Copy (4).JPGSCAN9377 - Copy (4).JPG

He sent me these pics, but I had never seen the version with the gray text, "1st Base" instead of "Infield" and different cropping on the picture. Has anyone seen these? I think it may be some type of prototype that was never produced. [MENTION=12140]DonnieBaseball[/MENTION]

image1 - Copy.JPGimage1.JPG

Last edited:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Let's keep this thread going ... i love this stuff!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
A collector contacted me about a variation I had listed for the 1986 True Value set. He was told that the Mattingly inside the panel with the Hamilton Ad was different than the other ad. (it wasn't different)

View attachment 59826View attachment 59827

He sent me these pics, but I had never seen the version with the gray text, "1st Base" instead of "Infield" and different cropping on the picture. Has anyone seen these? I think it may be some type of prototype that was never produced. @DonnieBaseball

View attachment 59828View attachment 59829

Going to have to go through my Dawson extras

Members online