Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
$_57.JPG

2006 Topps #/100

Not my scan but I have the same card, my only Ripken auto. This is actually one of my favorite auto sets.

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Interesting, maybe it'll grow on me, I'll keep that in mind. To me, the one and only Ripken grail is the Police card, and those have been trading hands so frequently that it has lost some appeal too. People are just buying those to flip it's a shame.

A couple small pickups for me this month, finally got around to getting a nice Elite Signature Series. Always thought it was overvalued but I've watched the prices go up on it over the last 2 years and I got tired of waiting around.

ripkens_zps9gxetohh.jpg

sfloyd

Feb 1, 2015
Found this at my mom's over the weekend. I had no clue that I had it.

cal.jpg

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 29

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
For the Cal collectors, is that Charlotte card worth getting graded numerically or is it better to just get it authenticated because of the shape it's in?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
For the Cal collectors, is that Charlotte card worth getting graded numerically or is it better to just get it authenticated because of the shape it's in?

I'm not a Cal guy , but I say numerically. I think unless it's a guaranteed 1, which I can't tell , then grade it fully.

Ryan

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
The market on the Blue version is way off the peak that was saw in Summer 2013. PSA 5s were going for $3.5kish back then, but I think a PSA 5 would be more like $1.5-$1.8k now. If that's a PSA1 or 2 I imagine somewhere around $600-$1000 as graded.

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Nice 1997 press proof there! Can't believe this thread is so dead. I'll have some a couple things to add within the next week I hope!

Members online