Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
The Maddux Legacy is the key piece, and it's in great shape. There were also several Collector's Choice Gold Sigs (Bagwell, Brett, Mattingly, etc.), some other assorted 90's inserts, and a 2012 Bowman Sterling Addison Russell auto redemption. I took a very quick glance through, I need a closer second look to find all the goodies!

Very nice!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Pudge 1995 pinnacle artist proof also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also found:

1996 Leaf Preferred Steel Gold Cal Ripken
1996 Leaf Preferred Stare Masters Greg Maddux
1996 Donruss Longball Leaders Barry Bonds
1996 Donruss Diamond Kings Don Mattingly
1996 Ultra Gold Medallion Mariano Rivera
1995 Collector's Choice Gold Sigs - George Brett, Jeff bagwell, Kirby Puckett, Mike Schmidt, Don Mattingly
1995 Donruss Press Proof Mike Piazza

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Random question for you guys... does anyone know about the 1994 Statistical Standout Autos, where they came from or any of their history? Looks like Ripken was /500, Griffey was /500, Thomas was /994 and Bonds was /1994, anyone else? They all come with some type of COA from The Score Board Inc, but I didn't even know these existed until a week ago.

20150414_213425_zps3ygf8xwz.jpg

calripkenjr

Feb 26, 2012
Random question for you guys... does anyone know about the 1994 Statistical Standout Autos, where they came from or any of their history? Looks like Ripken was /500, Griffey was /500, Thomas was /994 and Bonds was /1994, anyone else? They all come with some type of COA from The Score Board Inc, but I didn't even know these existed until a week ago.

They are aftermarket autographs from ScoreBoard and were not pack-issued.

Kevin

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Freedom Card Board mobile app

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

home Shopping Club, or QVC I believe

Last edited:

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Yeah I had heard QVC too, and I knew they were not pack issued. Still, the 1994 Statistical Standouts are dirt common otherwise and I think it adds a nice flair to a card from an insert set that developed nicely over the following years. Always bothered me having a .50 insert along side the /5000 and /2500 versions from later years, this is a neat little bonus.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Guys I have a question. Two of the guys I collect Fred McGriff and Deion Sanders have 1998 Donruss Crusade cards. What would be a rough estimate of what these would cost me. I see some on Ebay but they seem awful high. That snowmobile guy has several of them and his prices seem ridiculous. What would a Red, Purple and Green for each player fetch? Thanks for any help on this

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Guys I have a question. Two of the guys I collect Fred McGriff and Deion Sanders have 1998 Donruss Crusade cards. What would be a rough estimate of what these would cost me. I see some on Ebay but they seem awful high. That snowmobile guy has several of them and his prices seem ridiculous. What would a Red, Purple and Green for each player fetch? Thanks for any help on this

A Green Crusade Deion sold on COMC for just under $13, which isn't that far out of line. I paid $10 for a Green Paul Konerko, and I'd say he has a larger following than Deion. Snowmobiles runs a museum, his cards are easily priced at 50-60x reality.

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
I paid around $15.00 for the green Sandy Alomar Jr. Around $40.00 for the purple. And around $150.00 for the red. I would guess that your guys would be around that. The reds are pretty unpredictable, particularly if you are going up against another player collector, as I was with the red. The purple I bought on a BIN and I may have overpaid for it, but it was the first one I saw when I started focusing on my player collection.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
A Green Crusade Deion sold on COMC for just under $13, which isn't that far out of line. I paid $10 for a Green Paul Konerko, and I'd say he has a larger following than Deion. Snowmobiles runs a museum, his cards are easily priced at 50-60x reality.

Thanks. Hate I messed that green Deion one. I forget to check COMC sometimes. I need to add it to my daily search routine.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I paid around $15.00 for the green Sandy Alomar Jr. Around $40.00 for the purple. And around $150.00 for the red. I would guess that your guys would be around that. The reds are pretty unpredictable, particularly if you are going up against another player collector, as I was with the red. The purple I bought on a BIN and I may have overpaid for it, but it was the first one I saw when I started focusing on my player collection.

Quite a while ago, DallasCardBoys on COMC listed a bunch of Crusades Executive Sample, which are so rare that they make regular Crusades look like 1988 Topps. I think a few people here actually know the date they hit by heart! Some of them went for pennies on the dollar, which is crazy given the scarcity of these. I think that only 2 Greens, 1 Purple and 1 Red exist for each card, although I could be wrong. A Sandy Alomar Red went for just $30; I picked up a Jim Edmonds Purple for $15. If one of these even becomes available at a good price, buy it, it will probably never come around again.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Quite a while ago, DallasCardBoys on COMC listed a bunch of Crusades Executive Sample, which are so rare that they make regular Crusades look like 1988 Topps. I think a few people here actually know the date they hit by heart! Some of them went for pennies on the dollar, which is crazy given the scarcity of these. I think that only 2 Greens, 1 Purple and 1 Red exist for each card, although I could be wrong. A Sandy Alomar Red went for just $30; I picked up a Jim Edmonds Purple for $15. If one of these even becomes available at a good price, buy it, it will probably never come around again.

I actually got two of the Sandy Alomar Executive Proofs and sold them on ebay to an Indians collector who, judging by his recent history at the time, was spending money like crazy.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.

I've got a Deion Sanders Green Crusade available if you want it.. shoot me a real offer and its yours. no refractor lines on it.

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
Couple of new Jeter pick ups!

1998 Donruss Preferred Collections Prized FB #559 Print Run 55
1999 Fleer Metal Universe MLPD PMG 11/50

image.jpgimage.jpg

Members online

No members online now.