Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Alright guys, I need to vent about this DallasCardboys seller. I've never had a misadventure on COMC until now, when these guys tried to pull a sleazy move.

They listed the Alomar Diamond Axis promo for $49.25, same price as Boggs and other comparable stars. So I sent them an offer of $39.45, which is their usual minimum offer level at 80% (see below for the offer email). I recently bought a few Alomar cards from them where they accepted offers at 80%, but this time they rejected the offer and immediately jacked up the price to $75.25, where it still sits. They have not increased prices on any other cards from this set, just this one. I recognize this probably doesn't technically violate any COMC rules, but this kind of behavior is dirty and I have zero patience with people who do business this way. So I'm calling them out on it.

On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

User 'DallasCardboys' did not accept the $39.45 offer from your COMC.com account.
The $39.45 of pending funds has been added back to your available store credit.

# Item Details Asking Price
1. 1998 Leaf - [Base] - Fractal Matrix Die-Cut Diamond-Axis Promos #159 - Roberto Alomar $49.25

Here's the inflated listing for this card now:

http://www.comc.com/Users/DallasCar...amond-Axis_Promos/159/Roberto_Alomar/11996758

DallasCardboys is dropping a bunch more Status and Diamond Axis *** Proofs right now, primarily Bagwell, Biggio, Boggs, Thome, Grace...

Oh, and this one:

1998 Leaf - [Base] - Fractal Matrix Die-Cut Diamond-Axis Promos #156 - Ken Griffey Jr.
Courtesy of COMC.com

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Makes you wonder what people like that are thinking when they make moves like that. Is there any logic going on or is it a purely emotional, immature reaction?

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
There's a guy on COMC that did that to me on every offer. Joel sh!t show. Apparently he's famous for doing that kind of thing and it a total whack job.

There are a lot of card sellers that pull this kind of crap on COMC and ebay. Nothing more frustrating as a collector than dealing with idiots like that.

Scott F

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah it's a drag because this seller actually has some nice Alomar cards now and then with prices that are not cheap but not totally overboard...and now I'm going to let them go. Ah whatever. I'll stop complaining now. There's an entire FCB thread about sellers / buyers to block and avoid, and my comments probably belonged there anyway...

There's a guy on COMC that did that to me on every offer. Joel sh!t show. Apparently he's famous for doing that kind of thing and it a total whack job.

There are a lot of card sellers that pull this kind of crap on COMC and ebay. Nothing more frustrating as a collector than dealing with idiots like that.

Scott F

Last edited:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Yeah, that could definitely be it. Either that or the seller thought they had a sucker on the hook. But either way it's absolutely shameless. I cannot freaking stand dealing with people like this.

DallasCardBoys has been listing some of the most incredible backdoor stuff for years now. In fact, they were behind the most famous moment in COMC history when one evening they listed a huge quantity of Crusade Executive Proofs and left on their 50% offer auto-accept.

While extremely annoying, I think what you are experiencing is more of a lack of understanding the market for their cards than them being jerks. They have left thousands of dollars on the table over the course of their COMC career - perhaps they feel the burn. But if they do, it's not enough to motivate them apparently. Instead of researching their cards, it appears they take wild guesses and when they are alerted they have a card of interest, they react by upping the price.

What is most amazing to me is how people so clueless as to the market for their cards come into these incredible finds to begin with? :mrgreen:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Thanks, that's an interesting back story with these guys. Wish I would have been there for Crusadeapalooza. I still vote "jerks", but they really do have a lot of good cards and I also wonder where they get them.

DallasCardBoys has been listing some of the most incredible backdoor stuff for years now. In fact, they were behind the most famous moment in COMC history when one evening they listed a huge quantity of Crusade Executive Proofs and left on their 50% offer auto-accept.

While extremely annoying, I think what you are experiencing is more of a lack of understanding the market for their cards than them being jerks. They have left thousands of dollars on the table over the course of their COMC career - perhaps they feel the burn. But if they do, it's not enough to motivate them apparently. Instead of researching their cards, it appears they take wild guesses and when they are alerted they have a card of interest, they react by upping the price.

What is most amazing to me is how people so clueless as to the market for their cards come into these incredible finds to begin with? :mrgreen:

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Thanks, that's an interesting back story with these guys. Wish I would have been there for Crusadeapalooza. I still vote "jerks", but they really do have a lot of good cards and I also wonder where they get them.

I mean, if you wanted to stick it to him you could buy through eBay. Won't save you a penny but he'll take a 20% hit. Granted it's now at his elevated price. Not that I'm recommending such behavior but he set himself up to cross sell.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Cheap little lot of Big Sexy cards and figured I'd pick it up since it had two of those ponderous gold cards:

attachment.php

That's right, I said GOLD CARDS :mrgreen:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
True, but I'd rather just not buy the card at all. If he brings the price back down I'll think about it, but otherwise he can keep it :). It's a sweet card I'd love to add to my PC, which is without question the finest Alomar collection in the world, but in the end it's a piece of cardboard with pictures of a dude on it. I'm good.

* If you suspected that the statement "finest Alomar collection in the world" is a shameless attempt to smoke out other collectors, you know me too well.

I mean, if you wanted to stick it to him you could buy through eBay. Won't save you a penny but he'll take a 20% hit. Granted it's now at his elevated price. Not that I'm recommending such behavior but he set himself up to cross sell.

Members online