Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who was the G.O.A.T Ruth or Mantle???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Ruth, without a doubt, you also left out Gehrig and DiMaggio, 2 Yankees who were better than Mantle.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
With his versatility on both sides of the diamond, I really don't understand how anyone can say there is a better player than Babe Ruth. And he's by far the best hitter of all time. His 1921 season will probably always be the greatest offensive season of all time. And his 1920 season is a very close second.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
Babe Ruth and it shouldn't even be close. Take a look at his pitching numbers and you will be amazed. He was one of the best pitchers in baseball during his time with the red sox.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
1946exhibitwilliamspin.jpg

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
If your just picking between Ruth and Mantle I would say Ruth and its not even close. Ruth's numbers are better and he totally changed the game. Ruth is a top 3 all time player and I think you would have a hard time finding anyone that puts Mantle in that category.
This man speaks the truth.

my vote goes to Willie too, but not the Willie you may all be thinking of
Love that!

Ted Williams..
Clint knows what's up.

Just imagine how good Mantle could have been if he'd had two good legs.

I'd go with Mays, myself.

Oscar Charleston also needs to be in this discussion.
Imagine how good Ty Cobb would have been....if he had three legs.

One of the thing people forget is that Ruth was also a great pitcher. He was arguably just as good on the mound as he was at the plate.
Dude could throw some cheese.

Steroids aside, if you look at the stats, he's right near the top in that argument. Just read through baseball reference
But yanno.....steriods.

Yes.

LeBron James
I like your style, E.

Mantle was a workhorse, but isn't even in the same league as Ruth. Mantle wasn't even the best of his generation, and he was great.
Agreed!

Love this card...you my friend, win 5 internets.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Mantle was a workhorse, but isn't even in the same league as Ruth. Mantle wasn't even the best of his generation, and he was great.
Mantle is arguably the best player of his generation, him and Mays are close, but you could make compelling arguments for both as to who was better.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
Mantle is arguably the best player of his generation, him and Mays are close, but you could make compelling arguments for both as to who was better.

I wouldn't say Mantle and Mays are close. Mantle would probably the most popular player of his generation but Mays was the best player of that generation and the best all around player of all time.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I wouldn't say Mantle and Mays are close. Mantle would probably the most popular player of his generation but Mays was the best player of that generation and the best all around player of all time.

Not really sure how you can say thaey arent close, especially in their primes.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
As much of a Mantle fan as I am, I'd have to go with Ruth. He was in a class by himself and hit more HR's than some teams in the era in which he played. Plus, NONE of the aforementioned contenders has The House That ------ Built, except Ruth.
DANNY

Members online