Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

We Dealers Live For Stuff Like This (Vintage Find)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I was viewing this on mobile and didn't realize there was more after the '52 Mays.

Ok. I'm now glad I revisited this thread.

Congrats. You gonna sell to [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] for some pack out product?

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Well thanks for the interest guys, nice to see peeps appreciating the "finer things" in the hobby. The story is unbelieveable. So Monday this guy walks in and plops a 52 & 53 Mantle on my counter (both Topps). We talk & I tell him what I can do (buy, consign, grade etc). He thanks me & leaves. Tuesday morning he brings in these, and we cut a deal. Sadly the 52 Mantle didn't return yet. My fingers are crossed! About 2/3 of the cards are PSA bound on Friday. The others will be on Ebay this weekend.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Well thanks for the interest guys, nice to see peeps appreciating the "finer things" in the hobby. The story is unbelieveable. So Monday this guy walks in and plops a 52 & 53 Mantle on my counter (both Topps). We talk & I tell him what I can do (buy, consign, grade etc). He thanks me & leaves. Tuesday morning he brings in these, and we cut a deal. Sadly the 52 Mantle didn't return yet. My fingers are crossed! About 2/3 of the cards are PSA bound on Friday. The others will be on Ebay this weekend.

Guess who came a courtin today?

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Since the cards were unprotected, the owner obviously didn't realize they were valuable.
How much did you rip off, I mean pay, for the cards?
Every one of us dreams of finding a stash like that at a garage sale or thrift shop.
First thought that came to mind, how much did you rip off the person.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Just started a new thread check it out "my psa sub", but here's the Mick

To the guys suggesting I ripped off the owner - sorry, that's not my deal. I wouldn't steal from my worst enemy.

Boo Radley

Jun 5, 2013
Cape Cod
Great haul, best of luck with the grades. Always tough to tell on a scan but some of those look like they may have lost some weight along the way.

Arthur

Members online