Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "HOLY CRAP!" end-price thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Yeah I can't believe I lost that one. I figured $350 was a shoo-in...

I am very surprised 350 didn't get it for you. Heck wish I still had mine. I listed it about a year ago for $225 and no bites, didn't even get any offers Ended up selling it with 6 others for around $800. Just goes to show you that timing is everything.

Makes me seriously contemplate listing my 98 Preferred Set again for a ridiculously high price (done it before) just to see what bites I get. My wife and I just had twins and so as heartbreaking as selling the set would be a nice chunk of change could go a long way to helping out.

Last edited:

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I am very surprised 350 didn't get it for you. Heck wish I still had mine. I listed it about a year ago for $225 and no bites, didn't even get any offers Ended up selling it with 6 others for around $800. Just goes to show you that timing is everything.

Makes me seriously contemplate listing my 98 Preferred Set again for a ridiculously high price (done it before) just to see what bites I get. My wife and I just had twins and so as heartbreaking as selling the set would be a nice chunk of change could go a long way to helping out.

Agreed on all accounts! When I set that snipe I was in one of those "I'm tired of not owning this" moods and was willing to at least what I consider, overpay for it. *shrug*

Congrats on the twins! Twins run on my wifes side of the family so the thought of potentially having twins makes me want to stop having kids. The thought of going from 2 to 4...woof...

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Agreed on all accounts! When I set that snipe I was in one of those "I'm tired of not owning this" moods and was willing to at least what I consider, overpay for it. *shrug*

Congrats on the twins! Twins run on my wifes side of the family so the thought of potentially having twins makes me want to stop having kids. The thought of going from 2 to 4...woof...

LMAO, Thanks. I was happy with my two daughters.. My wife was dying for another little one and since twins did NOT run in our family it never crossed my mind. :eek: My two daughters were 5 and 7 so I was basically on cruise control and honestly I thought we were done.. No more baby gates, no more diapers, no more sleepless nights, then BAM!!! Reset button at 39 with twin boys. I wouldn't trade them for the world but Holy @@@@.

As for the McGwire, I have a feeling another will pop up for you. These Precious Metals, especially the 97's seem to come out in waves. Good Luck with the search!!! I know a few people that collect these and have multiples of many of them. If I hear of them thinking of moving one Ill let you know.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Picked up a Murray pretty cheap the other day. Or, at least I think it was a good deal. First one I've owned and never realized how undersized they are inside the plastic shell.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Picked up a Murray pretty cheap the other day. Or, at least I think it was a good deal. First one I've owned and never realized how undersized they are inside the plastic shell.

I saw that, Good price on that card. I remember the first precious metals I picked up in like 2008. I got a 98 Kenny Lofton for 18 bucks, two Aikmans for 22 a piece and just missed a Griffey which sold for a WHOPPING $110. Anyway, point is when I got them in hand I scratched my head at how undersized they were just like you probably did. But also was amazed at how nice they are in person. if you ever get them in a nice bit of sunlight they have an incredible reflection. Once I saw that, I was hooked on em.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262368472942?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

2011 Topps Heritage Bengie Molina wrong birthday SSP - $255.00. Great sale, probably the highest ever recorded Bengie Molina price. The only MOlina card I can think of that would go higher might be a 2004 Yadier Black Refractor. Know your Molinas.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Groundsupport

Apr 3, 2014

It really makes me sad to have gotten rid of all those Jeters I had in the mid 90's. I'd probably have a small fortune. $10 dollars cards then are $200 dollar cards now.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
77 Chong PSA 9 sold last night for $10K+

Don't know enough about the value on these but what I can see is the typical 2nd place bidding on a PWCC auction! People can defend it and turn a blind eye all they want but it is pretty glaring. Close to a 3K bump by the 2nd place bidder.

2nd place bidder statistics....

Bidder Information
Bidder:
s.gif
o***m
s.gif
( 271
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)
s.gif
s.gif
100%
s.gif
Positive
Item description:
s.gif
Item Title: 1977 Chong Modesto A's Rickey Henderson ROOKIE RC #5 PSA 9 MINT (PWCC)
Bids on this item:
s.gif
s.gif
30-Day Summary
Total bids:
s.gif
Items bid on:
s.gif
Bid activity (%) with this seller:
s.gif
94%
s.gif
Bid retractions:
s.gif
Bid retractions (6 months):
s.gif

Gotta love those PWCC auctions. Just another coincidence :confused:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
All I can say is wow I had 2 of these a while ago but that's just a crazy price the one before sold for $270.00 now $515.00. Makes me think about listing my Griffey Rainbow again. I will wait to see what his Silver and Gold sell for though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Leaf-Steel-Derek-Jeter-Steel-Silver-Promo-Sample-/111985020398?hash=item1a12d3cdee%3Ag%3A1VYAAOSwZSFXJtB0&nma=true&si=AS0ZmtjogW9jsT43QDHMoHxKQAA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

What I find is funnier is this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANDRES-GALA...764987?hash=item5b204a4ffb:g:n-sAAOSwPc9WvOqZ

Had they have just waited they could have had it for this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Leaf-S...028183?hash=item1a12d3ec57:g:SwwAAOSwY3RXJtJd

Absolutely mind blowing. Wish I could just wipe my *** with money like these guys. LOL

Members online

Latest posts