Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
How about this entire rainbow... The base, silver and steel were a B**** to figure out and get lol

View attachment 41760

Love the auto version! I am thankful I did not have to track down one of those. There should be six total base and parallels in the run though right? Base, steel, bronze, silver, gold, grand finale...

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
How about this entire rainbow... The base, silver and steel were a B**** to figure out and get lol

View attachment 41760

Speaking of which... I got my steel Bagwell, but I had to purchase it in a lot of other steels. So, I have extra steel versions of the following players if anyone is interested:
Roberto Alomar
Rafael Palmeiro
Nomar Garciaparra
Ryne Sandberg
Manny Ramirez
Larry Walker
Frank Thomas
Todd Walker
Alex Rodriguez

And I know what a steel looks like, unlike 99.9% of people selling on ebay.
1997%20SPx%20Steel%2027.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Speaking of which... I got my steel Bagwell, but I had to purchase it in a lot of other steels. So, I have extra steel versions of the following players if anyone is interested:
Roberto Alomar
Rafael Palmeiro
Nomar Garciaparra
Ryne Sandberg
Manny Ramirez
Larry Walker
Frank Thomas
Todd Walker
Alex Rodriguez

And I know what a steel looks like, unlike 99.9% of people selling on ebay.
1997%20SPx%20Steel%2027.jpg

Yes, I think we both had a hell of a time finding that.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
The results of my 4 box 1997 Finest break are in: Meh. A sobering reminder about just how difficult it is to pull any embossed refractor. Despite the results, still annihilated the odds with the Gold Refractor of Bichette (1:288) and the Gold Embossed's of Ripken, Nomo and Jones (1:96) being the toughest pulls.

10-12-2014115713AM.jpg

10-12-2014115806AM.jpg

10-12-2014115859AM.jpg

parsetdx

Apr 15, 2009
Philly
I've been focused on 2000+ for my player collections, but now I'm starting to go backwards on a few having been inspired by threads such as this one. I was looking at a Finest "embossed" refractor the other day on COMC, and man I can't tell the difference between the regular ref and the embossed. Could somebody post up a good comparison? Thanks - fun reading this thread!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I've been focused on 2000+ for my player collections, but now I'm starting to go backwards on a few having been inspired by threads such as this one. I was looking at a Finest "embossed" refractor the other day on COMC, and man I can't tell the difference between the regular ref and the embossed. Could somebody post up a good comparison? Thanks - fun reading this thread!

I'm wondering if the one you looked at on COMC was mis-labeled, because they are really obvious compared to some other parallels.

Silver Refractor and Silver Embossed Refractor:

bj97fsilref.jpg
bj97fembref.jpg

As you can see, the Embossed Refractor has a prismatic effect while the regular one is just a regular ol' refractor. Also, the normal refractors came out of the pack with the protective film on them, and the embossed versions did not. I took the film off the regular refractor in the scan.

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
i'm looking for a copy of this card mike piazza 1997 pinnacle certified team mirror gold? please pm me willing to pay mucho deniro for it :)!

Members online