Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My first custom cut auto project and it came out awesome! HOFer, pics included!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Been wanting to do one of these for awhile and I wanted to get a solid HOFer nothing too crazy but I think Satchel is pretty well known and an interesting historical player. Once I got to thinking about it, I thought it would be cool to try to do a ***** League themed design, and I think my buddy on here did a great job with it, very happy with how it came out!

What'd you guys think?

Edit: links aren't working right now for some reason..

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I was able to view , looks great! So does the sig. Just not sure that's the logo I would have chosen, but still sweet

Ryan

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Great job. The design is classy and the cutout is perfect. Much nicer than Topps' cut autograph cards.

And I like the choice of the unusual logo because it's so unique. The Monarchs wore that heart logo on their jersey sleeve because it symbolized playing all out, with their "heart on their sleeve." Cool card.

Edit: I got to the picture theough the Photobucket link in your sig, since your card's link wasn't working.

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Been wanting to do one of these for awhile and I wanted to get a solid HOFer nothing too crazy but I think Satchel is pretty well known and an interesting historical player. Once I got to thinking about it, I thought it would be cool to try to do a ***** League themed design, and I think my buddy on here did a great job with it, very happy with how it came out!

What'd you guys think?

Edit: links aren't working right now for some reason..

Just remove this [URL= and replace it with this [img] and [/img] at the end instead of this .html]

Your welcome

Last edited:

GUCD231

Apr 21, 2009
DEER PARK,NY
d5b03eed-25f4-4b97-872b-9345b898783f_zpsc16kqj4v.jpg

5c7642e6-5d52-4b79-b8aa-7bb01efb55f5_zpshgd2wmw8.jpg

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Thanks for the help with the pictures guys :).

Agreed regarding the logo I actually had similar initial feedback, but given the fact that that was the logo they wore and given the story behind it that Austin shared (which I wasn't even aware of) I'm glad we stuck with that original logo and I think that story makes it even more intriguing.

Thanks for all the kind words, I have to agree the piece came out better than I even expected it could. I also like the window; I really like the 2005 legendary cuts windows and I think this is a better version of that IMO. Though it's very, very hard to show in pictures one of my favorite things is the print itself - the texture of the card is really clean and visually appealing in person. I think some of the manufactured cuts have kind of a cheap-looking texture it's hard to explain what I mean just by the pictures. But thanks again guys, definitely going to do more of these as they're way more fun than just buying a cut and not even close in terms of cost (assuming you get the cut itself for a good price).

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
That is one great looking card. Keeping the original logo was a great idea.

Fordman

Sell me your Jay Bruce cards!

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Wow, that really turned out great. Simple, clean, classic... overall excellent!

Did you cut the window by hand with an x-acto, or what?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Wow, that really turned out great. Simple, clean, classic... overall excellent!

Did you cut the window by hand with an x-acto, or what?
[MENTION=3305]GUCD231[/MENTION] :)

My friend on here (above) did all the hard work, I just pretty much came up with some ideas for the design.