Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Dynasty ... are you going for the parallelallels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
So apparently these puppies have parallels of parallels. ...not just numbered to 10 5 and 1 but at least 4 kinds of each! Are you player collectors going for one of each parallelallel?

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Haha, I can't afford anything of my possible player. When an Eckersley (for example) is trying to be sold at a MINIMUM 175-400.. give me a break. Beautiful cards but damn

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Haha, I can't afford anything of my possible player. When an Eckersley (for example) is trying to be sold at a MINIMUM 175-400.. give me a break. Beautiful cards but damn

Exactly and the only reason they are that price is because Topps decides it wants to charge more for the product

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Exactly and the only reason they are that price is because Topps decides it wants to charge more for the product

Look at the new basketball product from panini. Cost is around 5800 a case for 7 to 10 cards. All numbered 10 or less.

These prices have gotten insane!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Agreed on pricing - this is crazy. However, they are beautiful patches and the top of the heap when it comes to high-end baseball. I suppose this would be considered the best of the best...the lamborghini of cardboard. But jeesh ... getting close to lambo prices as well!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Products like this are why I don't really collect Frank Thomas post career. Last year he had 5 or 6 different photos, and the #/10s sold for $200+. They've come down a bit if you see them at auction, but BINs are still high. Adding another parallel this year adds no value to the product as people really don't seem to like in-between parallels when they monkey with the original scheme.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Everytime I see a card for dynasty I keep thinking it looks like one of those mock ups they put on sell sheets.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I steer clear of auto parallels for the most part, it's just too pricey (especially with Dynasty) for such small differences such as ink color or background image tone. If my guy's autos were $20 I probably would, but to lay down another $200-300 for a 2nd Dynasty with a blue tinted picture instead of orange seems silly for me. Now, stuff like 2014 Finest Greats where the whole card is a different color, I have the Gold, Red & Ice parallels. But stuff like Museum, I just get the gold frame in 2014, the silver frame for 2015, and so on.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I personally liked 2014 dynasty card design better and I do not like the /5 version. Thought they should have keother it at /10 and /1 along with cutting player checklist in half. With all that being said I may go after all the parallels of a certain player

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I don't like this years version because of the black marker they used. Some of the autos are horrible. With that said there are a couple of players I will pick up a few cards of :)

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
I did buy a 2015 7/10 Griffey Jr last night on eBay for $180.50 and that will be the only card that I get from this. The other Griffey's that are listed are just too high.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
While last year's were nice, I wasn't completely "on board" with them. I think this year's has potential to be seen as the best, highest end product Topps has ever released. I think Dynasty is a perfect name for it, and as strange as it may sound, it just has a feel of luxury. Too bad there are so many parallels, but then again ... maybe that is a good thing so more than 16 people can have a taste!

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
While last year's were nice, I wasn't completely "on board" with them. I think this year's has potential to be seen as the best, highest end product Topps has ever released. I think Dynasty is a perfect name for it, and as strange as it may sound, it just has a feel of luxury. Too bad there are so many parallels, but then again ... maybe that is a good thing so more than 16 people can have a taste!

I disagree. I think last year's cards were much better. The design and autos were cleaner. We don't need two parallels either. If it is the best product of the year then why are there some many sub-par players included in the checklist? Should be less players with just a /10 card and 1/1. Just my opinion on it

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I count NINE different Randy Johnson variations, 4 Giants & 5 Mariners. With a /10, /5 & /1 that's 16 cards x 9 = 144 cards out there. Less than 20 listed/sold so far. Watch them prices fallllll baby.

I actually did make an offer on the sweet 1/1 with the perfect Mariners star logo patch. I offered $600 and he countered for $1000. I said no thanks, not gonna happen. But then he turns around and sells it the next day for $750! What kind of logic is that? Had he countered me that or even $800 odds are I would have sighed and went with it. Makes me scratch my head people & their counteroffers sometimes.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I count NINE different Randy Johnson variations, 4 Giants & 5 Mariners. With a /10, /5 & /1 that's 16 cards x 9 = 144 cards out there. Less than 20 listed/sold so far. Watch them prices fallllll baby.

I actually did make an offer on the sweet 1/1 with the perfect Mariners star logo patch. I offered $600 and he countered for $1000. I said no thanks, not gonna happen. But then he turns around and sells it the next day for $750! What kind of logic is that? Had he countered me that or even $800 odds are I would have sighed and went with it. Makes me scratch my head people & their counteroffers sometimes.
$600 on that card sounds like the perfect starting point for negotiations as it is not too low to offend him and too high for you. I've had the same thing happen on cards over the years and all you can do is shrug your shoulder at people that don't have an extra minute to try and make an extra 50+ bucks.

Members online

Latest posts