Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

10% EBay Bucks again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
There killing me. I know they can't be this hard up for money. Did they do this many promotions last year at tax time?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
That's why I always keep some "crazy" one-of-one auctions going in my watch queue. You never know if you'll be tempted.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Ebay takes the 10% they charge the seller for final value fees and gives it to the buyer (up to $100). Ebay still gets their 3% via paypal and any listing fees (if any), so Ebay is just doing fine for these under 24 hour promos. Plus they are banking on people buying stuff that they normally might pass by, helping sellers clear inventory, hopefully adding new inventory that eBay will then make their 10% off of down the road. If you also notice, most of these promos go off on slow days, and it gets people looking at their site on days they normally might not be looking. At least this is they way I see it. This is all a great ploy, and marketing by eBay.

EDIT: 5% for $100-200, 10% over $200, so from the $100-200 range, eBay is still making 5% on FVF

Last edited:

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Been meaning to buy a Barry Sanders auto for a while.

picked up a nice limited patch/auto /50 for $150.

I only got five percent since it was only over $100. But it was a good day to get a free $7.50

Members online