Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I'm wondering if that Bernie "error" is really just a film being pulled off the card. Not sure these cards are even like that, but that's what it kinda looks like.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I'm wondering if that Bernie "error" is really just a film being pulled off the card. Not sure these cards are even like that, but that's what it kinda looks like.

Shady seller looking to dupe someone?And why did that Gonzalez Diffractor get bid so high?Ripken and Griffey don't even sell for that.And I still don't get Jeter base getting $20.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
I have (or at least had) a bunch of these '98 Tek error cards stashed in junk boxes in the cellar. Maybe 50 or so cards. Lot of different variation to the printing errors. Some were so bad you couldn't even tell which player the card was supposed to be for. Lot of printing overlap errors where half of one portrait is on the card with part of another player's portrait on the card. Others were real garbage with maybe just 1/4 of a portrait on a card and the rest blank. Never, ever heard of anyone interested in those error cards. Tried selling some of them on eBay years ago with no takers. I would have to search for them, and I may well have ditched them long ago. If someone actually collects this stuff, I would look around for them, but I honestly think there is no value at all to them..

elberson

Sep 13, 2012
Charlotte NC
I have (or at least had) a bunch of these '98 Tek error cards stashed in junk boxes in the cellar. Maybe 50 or so cards. Lot of different variation to the printing errors. Some were so bad you couldn't even tell which player the card was supposed to be for. Lot of printing overlap errors where half of one portrait is on the card with part of another player's portrait on the card. Others were real garbage with maybe just 1/4 of a portrait on a card and the rest blank. Never, ever heard of anyone interested in those error cards. Tried selling some of them on eBay years ago with no takers. I would have to search for them, and I may well have ditched them long ago. If someone actually collects this stuff, I would look around for them, but I honestly think there is no value at all to them..

You never know, you get two player collectors, and you
Have a bidding war on your hands

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Shady seller looking to dupe someone?And why did that Gonzalez Diffractor get bid so high?Ripken and Griffey don't even sell for that.And I still don't get Jeter base getting $20.

Well.... I'll take a shot at this one.... I'd say there were two guys who really wanted it? LOL... j/k... I can see if I had like 50 or 60 diffractors and barely ever saw one I needed and how deep you'd go bidding after one

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

That is very interesting.If you feel like looking for them I would like to see what some of them look like.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Well.... I'll take a shot at this one.... I'd say there were two guys who really wanted it? LOL... j/k... I can see if I had like 50 or 60 diffractors and barely ever saw one I needed and how deep you'd go bidding after one

Would you ever go anywhere near that high if you found the last Belle Diffractor you needed?I wouldn't think there would be many die hard Gonzalez collectors out here to bid anywhere near that amount.Sure wish I had some Jeter base to move right now...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Would you ever go anywhere near that high if you found the last Belle Diffractor you needed?I wouldn't think there would be many die hard Gonzalez collectors out here to bid anywhere near that amount.Sure wish I had some Jeter base to move right now...

Who knows... Probably if it was the last one I needed LOL!

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut

Not enough die hard Gonzo fans?!? They have created one of the greatest card collecting sites I've ever seen.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Not enough die hard Gonzo fans?!? They have created one of the greatest card collecting sites I've ever seen.

Really?Where?Sure wish they would have seen the Fleer Ultra Platinum card I had posted on the '90s insert thread.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Anybody have any Bonds tek!!!??? Anybody have any Bonds tek!!!??? Anybody have any Bonds tek!!!??? Anybody have any Bonds tek!!!??? Anybody have any Bonds tek!!!??? Anybody have any Bonds tek!!!??? Anybody have any Bonds tek!!!???

Dear,

Elberson

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts