Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Only read if you're interested in some eBay feedback drama

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
tumblr_inline_ncdp0jkPTq1sp8zt4.gif

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
looks more light damage due to being stored in a box with no lid so that it yellowed due to exposure to light/uv rays.....

i really don want to get into any fight , but i just cant let your attitude and wished for death to the seller go unchecked.....i was recently severely burned in a fire....i saved my house , my pets , and my cards , but i suffered 3rd degree burns over most of my upper body...i cant move back into my home anytime soon so i'm forced to live in my parents' living room temporarily....on the couch to my right is my grandmother who has alzheimers.....in the back bedroom is my mother who has suffered two major strokes and can barely walk without falling...in the front bedroom is my father who had 2 feet of is colon removed tuesday due to a cancer diagnosis just a week earlier....despite my severe limitations , i am ow the primary care-giver in a house filled with sick and injured people....and it's 100% true....

i've sold very little online since my injury which included a 9-day stay in an emergency burn unit one state away from me , but i have done what i could....

yes , you may get tired of excuses , but you're quite the insensitive little ***** to automatically assume that everyone is lying or cheating .....some of us really ARE suffering though most of us dont really try to advertise all our problems or use them as crutches....then there are those like you who seem quick to have a very short fuse and very little tact or restraint....i repeat my initial assessment - that looks a lot more like light damage than smoke damage and i seriously doubt there would be such an overpowering stench coming from just a couple cards (and that opinion comes from a person who is HIGHLY sensitive to smoke) to warrant your reaction....

i'll add my thanks to you for letting me see what user ID i need to add to my blocked list as well....my cards may be in a smoke free home (well , until my fire anyway) , but since they had to be somewhere else before i acquired them , i can't guarantee they've never been around smoke/smokers and frankly you do sem like someone who is just trying to get something for nothing with little regard for others....

in closing , i won't wish ill upon you , but i will note that karma is a real B......

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I'm tired of lame excuses too but wishing death on someone over cardboard is a dick move. You could've done that differently and got your point across

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
You guys really go through life worrying about "karma" instead of speaking your mind? What a feckless existence.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
You guys really go through life worrying about "karma" instead of speaking your mind? What a feckless existence.
edit: my initial reply was harsher than I intended. However, my point is somewhat valid. Your strength of character in this situation is sorely lacking. I do not know you other than your extremely tasteless reply to the seller, but I/we can certainly draw more conclusions about your character (or lack thereof) than you can from a couple of "karma" comments.

10s4oll.png

Last edited:

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I pulled this exact same card and these cards have a "aged" looked to them. maybe yours one had more of a age look to it from upper deck than others?
BAUERHANK.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't appreciate cards that come from a smoking household. It is obvious when you have those types of cards. I do buy from a guy pretty regularly who obviously smokes, but I let them air out by standing them against something at an angle for about a day and the smell dissipates. I also know ahead of time what i am getting, but he doesn't advertise it in his auctions and he probably should.

I also don't care for what seems like endless unbelievable excuses from buyer and sellers alike, but I have found myself it situations before where I am "making an excuse" much the same way. I did run into a lot of people who needed extra time due to their sudden hospital visits or deaths in the family, but for all I know, that may have been truthful. Not really that big of a deal unless it extends into the "month+" timeframe.

Nothing new here that has not already been said and no need to personally flame you any further with anything other than an opinion based on what you have shared, but you did seem to overreact and rather quickly, when this person may have been willing to make it right for you. I am not really a believer in karma either and I know wishing or hoping for someone to die doesn't work (you "believers" are probably asking yourself how I know this right about now…), so the personal comment is simply that, a comment, and in my eyes something hopefully the seller brushed off without too much thought.

CrawfordFan13

Jan 19, 2015

Notice how there are 31 comments and not one person is on your side? There are situations where being cynical and brutally honest are necessary, but this isn't one of those times. Even if the dude is just trying to play the "pity me" role, there were several different ways to go about this. It was a tiny transaction for a card you can see the damage beforehand in scans. Maybe instead of going at his throat, you can be held equally accountable for not being diligent enough in your own studying of the purchase? It meant so much to you after all, so why wouldn't you study and zoom in on scans over the card that you wished the guy death over (for $8)?

I'm never trying to make enemies or start drama myself, but maybe backing down, apologizing, or just letting this go completely would probably be in your best interest. You're not going to find anyone on your side. Maybe people who think the seller should have been more descriptive and been honest about what goes on in his household; but I can almost guarantee no one is going to say "Yeah dude, he really does deserve to die".

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

Speaking your mind? I guess most people dont think praying someone dies over a 5 dollar card is really a great way to go through life. If thats speaking your mind, im glad to not be that way.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country

do i speak my mind ? certainly , though i do at least try not to be a complete ******* when i do so....i may not always succeed , but before flying off the handle (or in this case posting bad feedback and then trying to win fans by boasting of your valiant stand on a message board) i try to step back and get a better view of the situation....see both sides....maybe that "lame excuse" is actually legit....i know i'm not perfect and i seriously doubt you are either though i'm sure as soon as the situation is reversed we'll see a thread about an unreasonable ebay buyer screwing you and ruining your good name because they had the audacity to refuse to accept your side of the story...

i'm not a deeply religious/spiritual person , but i do pretty much try to live by the old golden rule and treat others the way i'd like them to treat me.....if failing to wish an early death on an ebay seller over alleged smoke damage to a card makes me "feckless" , then i'm damn proud to be just that (though it's abundantly clear that you misused the word since the irresponsible , worthless , good-for-nothing , ne'er-do-well with a lack of character probably is the one wishing for the other person to die....)

now....how long before this gets edited/locked/deleted ?

oh , by the way...neglected to mention ....

your reading comprehension skills also need improvement....

you wrote :
Pray that your cancer takes you soon so that you can get out of a house full of people that respect you so little that they still smoke around you.

when the seller had actually written :

No one smokes in this house because of my condition. I told you that but you had to leave that feedback any way. The cards have been in storage for years. I'm selling the collection to pay for my disease. I don't smoke. If they are "yellowed" its from age.

Last edited:

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

I have a ton of respect for most of these members even though I don't buy cards anymore but I had no problem speaking my mind so since you posted this idiotic comment I will elaborate.

You are an immature little ****** that makes card collectors look bad. Wtf did you expect???

"Whoa your card smelled? What an idiot seller, let's all give death wishes upon him"

You get put in your place and all you could do was post a stupid gif??

You need not worry about karma as your actions have branded you a Damn ****** with a huge D on your proverbial existence.

Have a great life you pathetic, immature Scarlet ******.

There... those are my thoughts, thanks for asking.

Members online

Latest posts