Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Theoretically speaking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008
If they had red refractors s# to 5 in 1955, what kind of value would they have now? Opinions

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Doesn't matter. My Dad would have still traded all his Mays and all his Yankees for those (virtually) worthless Philadelphia A's. :lol:

Besides, 1954 was a better looking set...

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
The real answer to your question is that they'd sell for about what the highest grade PSA singles from the set that have a population of around 5 go for.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
What's your connection to Nova?

Nothing direct, just live about 45 minutes west on Route 30 and they're the closest D1 hoops team. Went to a bunch of games years ago too.

But they've already lost to an inferior Hall since I changed my Avatar and are right on the "bubble". :(

Still better than anybody expected this year but those "bad" losses are gonna cost 'em I think...

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Nothing direct, just live about 45 minutes west on Route 30 and they're the closest D1 hoops team. Went to a bunch of games years ago too.

But they've already lost to an inferior Hall since I changed my Avatar and are right on the "bubble". :(

Still better than anybody expected this year but those "bad" losses are gonna cost 'em I think...

Ah... I went to school there...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Ah... I went to school there...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

The only real students I knew that went there was a cheerleader who grad'd in '94. And a buddy's wife in '99 (I think)...

Another buddy lived in Radnor, and I sometimes worked in St. David's, so we mostly just hung out there. :lol:

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
To be honest, I am very curious to see how all this modern technology holds up on cardboard, 50+ years later...

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
The real answer to your question is that they'd sell for about what the highest grade PSA singles from the set that have a population of around 5 go for.

Thats a good start but i would say a bit more based on the fast that more could grade as high and a #ed card wont change in scarcity.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

This makes sense. But the highest graded chrome cards wouldn't garner/demand as much of a premium as highest graded cardboard cards because chrome is much heartier stock.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Nope, at least not that I know by name. When we were older, my buddy used to bartend at a small place on Montgomery Ave.

Haven't been down that way in years either...

Many times I studying through the night with my study partner and we'd get Garrett Hill Pizza. Best damn pizza or chicken parm subs. IT was about 5 minutes from the law school campus. Cheesesteaks were good too.

Members online