Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

trying to locate a 2002 charlotte knights Jose Canseco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I figured a minor league team set or singles from these years would be very easy to find.. but maybe I'm wrong. made by Choice in 2002 and is card #6. maybe someone on here is in the Charlotte area or in NC and actually has this stashed somewhere? Any help locating one would be great.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
thanks but no luck there.. most of the links he referred me to don't have the set or singles available either.

I guess my last hope is if someone here in the NC happens to have the set, the single I'm looking for or happens across it at their local card shop or show... Any help in that department from local members here would be appreciated.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
have tried those as well.. I actually got about 7 links from one of the guys I contacted that all sell minor league cards but none have the set or singles available.

this is the card in question

22801410101.jpg

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I have already checked with all the places and people mentioned here and a few others without any luck.. Can't understand how this set would be tough to find being made by Choice. Maybe just the lack of good players in the set keeps people from listing it. If you local guys do happen to stumble across a set or single.. please feel free to contact me. if singles and there are more than 1 available.. I may take multiples at the right price.

charliehustle

Feb 5, 2010
USA
Just picked up a set today. Took me a little while to call around and find one but luckily got one. PM me and I can fill ya in.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Good luck trying to find that. Aaron Rowand is in the 2003 Charlotte Knights Choice set, and I think I've only seen one copy on Ebay, which was probably only put there because someone got it autographed. I won it for cheap.

Interestingly, I think Canseco and Rowand wore the same jersey. About two years ago someone was selling a whole bunch of Charlotte Knights game-used jerseys on Ebay, and included the players that wore the jersey with each auction. I thought I was going to win it, but was outbid, probably by a Canseco collector.

Here's what the 2003 Rowand looks like. From your picture of Canseco's 2002 card it looks like the same #33 jersey.

2003CharlotteKnightsChoice.jpg

bhoneycutt

Jun 14, 2013
2002 Charlotte Knights set

If you need some of the Rowands/sets I have access to a few, just PM me and let me know...

-charliehustle

I know this post is several years old, but thought I would contact you in case you still knew where I could get a 2002 Charlotte Knights set. I used to collect minor league cards, but now I just dabble in it and, really, I am trying to complete my Charlotte minor league set collection. I grew up in Charlotte and my dad and my family had season tickets for the AA team that was there in the 1980s. I have the Cal Ripken Jr. set from 1980 and all of the Charlotte minor league sets, except for the 2002 set. I can't seem to find anyone who has one. I would love to have it so that I can complete my collection. The team, which has actually been located in Fort Mill, S.C. (just across the state line from Charlotte, N.C.), since the 1990s, is scheduled to return to downtown Charlotte next year. It's nostalgic to say the least. Anyway, I have more than 30 years worth of their sets (the first one, oddly enough, was the 1980 one with Ripken).

Anyway, anything you can do to help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett

Members online

Latest posts