Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My different PCs are getting out of control!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I don't know about everyone else, but I have a self-control problem. When I see a card or set that I like, I buy it. I am constantly coming up with different little mini-projects to complete. I am at the point now where I am doing soooo many ebay searches to fill needs that I can't remember them all.

Anyone else have this problem???

Here are my current PCs (in no particular order):

- Josh Hamilton (anything and everything) - Currently at almost 1,600 different with 170 autos and 62 1/1s
- HOFer Autos - Want one of every HOFer (impossible) but I pick up any that look good to me and I am really not that picky. Currently at 394 total.
- Michael Young - Mainly Autos, 1/1s and other low s/n stuff, but I will buy anything I need if it is cheap enough. Currently closing in on 90 autos and more than a dozen 1/1s.
- Topps Heritage Base Sets - Have a bunch of complete ones and still need a ton.
- Topps Base Sets - I have every regular Topps set since 1981 (when I started collecting). Now looking to go back and add more.
- Ivan Rodriguez - Anything here too. I have well over 2,500 different Pudge cards with 25-30 1/1s and 75 autos.
- Top 300 by Mike Payne - Fantastic PC stuff. Iconic cards from the history of collecting. I really started focusing on just 1960 - 1999, but I have started picking up some pre-1960 stuff when I can find it cheap. I am currently halfway on this one and now it only gets disgustingly expensive, but at least I am No. 5 on the PSA Set Registry for this one.

Smaller Projects:

- Every Rangers Topps All-Star Stitches card - Only missing two, 2002 Alex Rodriguez and 2007 Michael Young.
- Every Rangers Heritage Clubhouse Collection card - Don't really know where I stand on this one...
- Every regular issue Rangers Topps card since 1972 - Probably about 95% on this one.
- Additional Star Autos - Trying to anticipate who might get into the Hall of Fame someday so I pick up an auto or two of current and recently retired players. Jeter, Pujols, Frank Thomas, Biggio, Bagwell, Jack Morris, etc. I have dozens of these.

I really think I need some help. I have a gigantic spreadsheet where I have everything catalogued and my photobucket is HUGE (I have scans of almost everything).

I have zero interest in selling anything because they all have meaning and significance to me. I guess I will just have to buy a bigger house.

Thanks for reading my long boring tale.

I would love to hear anyone else's story...

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
I tend to start different projects as well but am no where near as organized as you. I often forget mini-projects and then later will be going through boxes or looking on ebay and remember "oh yeah, I'm trying to complete that set"

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
This was the direction I was going into as well. I'm selling most of my stuff except my top 3 players and some other stuff. It was hard at first but not so bad any more. I just don't want my closet full of cards.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Of the people who have many really broad/unrelated interests at one time, seemingly 95% of them wind up choosing a few (or one) things to concentrate on and eventually move/trade the rest.

If there are cards you collect but don't really enjoy getting in the mail or picking up at shows its probably good to think about moving/trading that part of the PC if you're collecting a bunch of other stuff - it helps to stave off burnout.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I have seen the spread sheet and bucket and its pretty cool. Save your eBay searches makes things so easy to add items to your watch list.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Geez both of your PC guys leave in the same year? Are you still going to collect Hamilton and Young in Angel and Phillie unis?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Let's see...

Player Collections:
-Glen Perkins*
-Mike Kingery*
-Dana Kiecker*
-Jordan Smith (Indians)*
-Kyle Knudson
-Seth Rosin
-Mike Kvasnicka
-Marian Gaborik
-Matt Read*
-Wally Sczcerbiak
-Dick Siebert
-Chief Bender

Sets:
-1958 Topps*
-1969 Topps Deckle Edge

Misc projects:
-Twins OMLB project*
-Twins 8x10 PhotoFile project*
-Wild 8x10 PhotoFile project
-BSU Hockey auto project
-UMD Hockey auto project

Projects to start at a later date:
-Mark Brunell PC
-2008 Starquest (baseball) set (all tiers)

There are many more I am forgetting as well.

*= currently working on.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
I have some high-end Pudge auto's that you may not have, and have came down on the asking price for my starting9 if you are interested also (I've acquired a second believe it or not) : )

Members online

Latest posts