Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Good morning guys. I hope everyone has a great day.

Sunday, I had soreness in my left big toe. I didn't think much of it. Yesterday, I woke up in serious pain. It was almost as bad as kidney stones. My left big toe was swollen to almost double in size. I went to the doctor and it's gout. It hurt like a motherXXXXer. They gave me some meds that have greatly reduced the pain and the swelling is starting to go down. I am going to schedule an appointment with a nutritionist. Gout can be controlled by diet, so I need to make a plan to avoid this XXXX again.

hope you don't like seafood Joe because that is the first thing to stay away from.. as well as fruits like oranges and pineapples

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
on my way to the gym I got a great deal on a Leaf Memories gold buyback /5.. I messaged the seller last night asking if he had a BIN to which he replied this morning and I told him I'd take it so he changed the auction and DONE DEAL! every now and then the chips fall my way and I get something I want at a more than fair price without actually having to bid like a maniac.

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Thanks for the kind words guys; I signed about 25% of what I was asked, I'll try and finish tonight. I'm actually tweeting the ones that will be SSP with some inscriptions, so look out for a MT one ;)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
on my way to the gym I got a great deal on a Leaf Memories gold buyback /5.. I messaged the seller last night asking if he had a BIN to which he replied this morning and I told him I'd take it so he changed the auction and DONE DEAL! every now and then the chips fall my way and I get something I want at a more than fair price without actually having to bid like a maniac.

Good for you! Huge! Wish the guy trying to flip the Albert Belle 1/1 on eBay right now would stop drinking gasoline for breakfast and would come off his $200 BIN number... which by the way is FIRM :lol: Sorry, never going to happen. Damn Beckett for adding these to his checklist.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Vigilence and patience.

12LEAFMEMORIESBUYBACKSILVER20.jpg
12LEAFMEMORIESBUYBACKGOLD5.jpg
12LEAFMEMORIESBUYBACKRED1.jpg

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Thanks for the kind words guys; I signed about 25% of what I was asked, I'll try and finish tonight. I'm actually tweeting the ones that will be SSP with some inscriptions, so look out for a MT one ;)

You going to be leaving any in your car to get stolen or some other wild way to give your cards a fun backstory?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Vigilence and patience.

Patience is not happening when you see this: 2012 Leaf Memories 1 1 Red Albert Joey Belle Rookie Indians 1990 Buyback | eBay

I passed on this card for like $50 or something stupid. Just didn't think Beckett would recognize them and it's not really an impressive card but such is life. I missed out... some guy bought it and is now holding it hostage. I've already marked it "gone" on my checklist, so he can play games all he wants.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
AH! And now a guy just ended a Topps Tek auction an hour or two before it was ending because no bids! lol... I had a snipe set and was clearly going to win it... WTF! ::facepalm::

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
AH! And now a guy just ended a Topps Tek auction an hour or two before it was ending because no bids! lol... I had a snipe set and was clearly going to win it... WTF! ::facepalm::

For this reason I usually put in a min bid just so the seller doesn't end it on me. It doesn't always work but at least that way I don't take any chances.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
For this reason I usually put in a min bid just so the seller doesn't end it on me. It doesn't always work but at least that way I don't take any chances.

I thought about this but he started the auction at $2.50 plus $2.50 for shipping. I mean he knew someone was watching it. I don't know. Whatever. I'll keep moving.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Vigilence and patience.

Very nice. I have the /20 and /5 of Puckett but the 1/1 is gone. It has sold twice so far. The first time it went for $375 or so and the second time it sold for $280. I know both the buyers and the second guy has a monster Puckett collection with a ton of 1/1's so its not going anywhere.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Very nice. I have the /20 and /5 of Puckett but the 1/1 is gone. It has sold twice so far. The first time it went for $375 or so and the second time it sold for $280. I know both the buyers and the second guy has a monster Puckett collection with a ton of 1/1's so its not going anywhere.

Maybe it's obvious but how did it sell twice and the first time for that much more? Guy relisted it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts