Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FS 04 UD GU Musial Bird Patch 6/10, Allen Ginter Musial and Pujols SP autos & 92 Score Musial AU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Homerun28aa,

You don't get it. UD never had a WHITE Musial MLB GAME USED JERSEY to cut up. DLP did, NOT UD. Look at their products over the years. All patch pieces in the 2005 UD products were from the WHITE old timers jersey. I know. I owned many of them back in the day. That is what I posted proof of. Upper Deck has used up the remaining pieces of their grey road jersey in many of it's products over the years. I don't know it all. But I do know Musial stuff. You are wrong. I know your pride is in the way of your admitting it.

Serious question, why do I see a touch of grey here

1_f251e14b82a7531d05af16531828698d.jpg

and here

1_9f03a7ff84c81ceec80676192ba3de9c.jpg

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
Those are road jersey patch cards not from the bird or cards logo like the first one you posted from a white jersey. Find a bird patch from anything but a white logo in 2005 products, and then we can have debate

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I have bolded your comment below that I disagree with:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAN-MUSIAL-AUTOGRAPH-JERSEY-2005-UD-Baseball-Heroes-75-Cardinals-11-15-/181256072030?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2a33b42b5e

Is this 05 UD? Yes. Is this a white old timers jersey? No. I'll be awaiting an apology from you.

Thanks

That is not a patch, dummy. That is a jersey piece. You are grasping at straws. Just admit I taught you something. You are wrong. I'm sorry.

Actually that one is from pants, not a jersey, HUGE difference. As a Musial Collector, I figured you would know.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Those are road jersey patch cards not from the bird or cards logo like the first on you posted from a white jersey. Find a bird patch from anything but a white logo in 2005 products..

I am quoting you "All patch pieces in the 2005 UD products were from the WHITE old timers jersey."

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
You're now talking about such a small subset - only BIRD OR LOGO pieces and only from 2005!!!!
No one is doubting your card is rare. Yes, it is very difficult to find a bird logo patch from a Cardinal's Musial jersey, no one would ever doubt that. You've now completely changed your argument to something ridiculous.

Yep, in haste, I was not clear. I was referring to bird or logo pieces like mine. Find one and get back to me.

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
You're now talking about such a small subset - only BIRD OR LOGO pieces and only from 2005!!!!
No one is doubting your card is rare. Yes, it is very difficult to find a bird logo patch from a Cardinal's Musial jersey, no one would ever doubt that. You've now completely changed your argument to something ridiculous.

Oh, no I'm not. I am saying compare Apples to Apples. You can't post the sell price of a patch piece from a modern old timers jersey and tell me the card value is anywhere close to the same as a really rare one from an MLB game used wool jersey. That's a joke.

After some thought, I really have no desire to be on this board. There are plenty of others that does not tolerate what jackasses like you done to my sales thread. This site will continue to slide if the staff continues to allow behavior like you pulled. I'm out, and I will warn others about what the staff running FCB allows to go on when new people try to come here and make card transactions..

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Oh, no I'm not. I am saying compare Apples to Apples. You can't post the sell price of a patch piece from a modern old timers jersey and tell me the card value is anywhere close to the same as a really rare one from an MLB game used wool jersey. That's a joke.

After some thought, I really have no desire to be on this board. There are plenty of others that does not tolerate what jackasses like you done to my sales thread. This site will continue to slide if the staff continues to allow behavior like you pulled. I'm out, and I will warn others about what the staff running FCB allows to go on when new people try to come here and make card transactions..

you're bring serious? did you really notice who actually flew off the handle in this thread?

homerun acknowledged he shouldnt have commented, apologized and you refused to let it go. If you would have just reported it and left it alone instead of ranting, this thread would have been fine. it took me a while to remember you but now that i do, well, anyway. do what you feel you need to...

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
What an entertaining thread this is.Seller overreacted when he was told he was asking too much.Seems to happen a lot on these boards, potential buyers states seller wants too much, and then seller points the finger at anyone who responds.And predictably, card never sells.

What a shame scans were taken down.I would have liked to see what the cards were.I'm not familiar with these Old Timer games.I thought only the Yankees had them?Cardinals held one of these in '04 or '05?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I said the same thing sinfulone but that post got overlooked by stmm.

Serious question.Since you are a big Musial collector, when did the Cardinals play Old Timers games?Do you have some cards of his from this game?I did not know the Cardinals held these games.As Musial was getting up there in age I would imagine he just threw on a jersey and just watched from the dugout?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Does anyone have a count of how many times the OP has threatened to leave and come back only to post again in this thread.

This has been his mentality from the start he wants to just continue to complain

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
This is driving me nuts, so I did some research.

======================================================================================================

In the 1970s, Musial occasionally played in Old-Timers' Day games and could still line the ball to the wall. He was a fixture for decades at the Cooperstown induction ceremonies and also was a member of the Hall's Veterans Committee. Often, after the Vets panel had voted, he'd pull out a harmonica conveniently located in his jacket pocket and lead the other members in a rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game."

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/sto...s-cardinals-legend-92-years-old-hall-of-famer