Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I MADE THE BECKETT MAGAZINE !!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollx8

Jul 3, 2013
Fishers, IN 46038
Hey ALL...I'm so EXCITED...I entered my High End GU Collection paired up with the Mcfarlanes that I got so many positive responses to & I just got the confirmation.....see below (had to copy & paste the email here)....ALSO...thank you for ALL of your support ;)

You made the SuperCollector Issue of Beckett Sports Card Monthly. Look for it in hobby shops next month. (Mariano Rivera on the cover.)

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:41 PM, <crstimuli> wrote:

Hello & Greetings....

I'm not sure if I would be considered a "Super Collector" or a "Unique Collector" but just quite possibly both :) I only try to collect High End Game Used Cards of Hall of Famers & Star Players of Baseball to pair them up with Mcfarlane's MLB Figures....I started collecting GU cards back in 2001 & in 2003 I lost them due to unforeseen circumstances & I haven't collected anything sense then. About 2 - 3 months ago I started back up with the funds to do it & I thought how cool would it be to pair up high end game used cards of my favorite players with the Mcfarlane's sports figures.....Now I've been posting them as I get them in the Beckett Baseball Forums & have gotten SOOOO much positive feedback that I thought I'd submit my collection & see what happens........SO HERE IT GOES :)

Beckett website: Rollx8

High End GU: 51

Graded High End GU/Auto: 15

Name: Chris Randazzo

State: Indiana

Collect: High End Game Used Baseball cards of HOF's & STAR PLAYERS with UNIQUE DISPLAYS!!!!!

My Photobucket:

High End GU: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/library/Baseball Cards Owned?sort=6&page=1

Displays w/High End GU: Mcfarlane Displays With High End GU MLB Cards Photos by rollx8 | Photobucket

Some other facts about my collection:

I also try to collect numbered cards limited within a print run....meaning....Not 1/1's....but so many within a certain print run to where as I could control the pricing market for them....Some examples are:

2011 Topps Tribute Albert Pujols Prime Patches...#'d/24....I own 5 out of the 24 that exist!!!!

2011 Topps Tribute Dual Relics Black Babe Ruth Jerseys...#'d/5...I own 2 of the 5 that exist!!!

Thank you in advance,

Chris Randazzo (Rollx8)

Last edited:

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Congrats!

Too bad they don't seek out supercollectors but rely on people to showcase there collections.

Sorry OP, not directed at you.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
The cards with the McFarlanes together look really cool. Love the "Pioneer" Jackie card. A part of me wants to start a Jackie/Brooklyn Dodgers PC.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Congrats !!! No matter how much we bash the mag, I have always thoroughly enjoyed the Supercollector feature, even if the term has become archaic.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Too bad they don't seek out supercollectors but rely on people to showcase there collections.
I completely disagree.
Someone with monster boxes full of cards doesn't impress me.
Anyone with money and time to scour eBay and other sites can amass a huge player collection.
Then most cards just sit in boxes.

It's much more impressive, especially to readers of a magazine, which is a visual medium, to highlight the impressive collections of people who have cool and creative displays like the OP.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I don'
I completely disagree.
Someone with monster boxes full of cards doesn't impress me.
Anyone with money and time to scour eBay and other sites can amass a huge player collection.
Then most cards just sit in boxes.

It's much more impressive, especially to readers of a magazine, which is a visual medium, to highlight the impressive collections of people who have cool and creative displays like the OP.

And collections like Ohiobobcats 240+ 1/1 Travis Hafners, Nobsters, Bigalrberts, Onionrings, magicpapas insane player collections dont get a mention. Checkout juangone.com for hardcore Juan collectors or joering.com/mcgwire for their collections. I don't know Ohio's, magic's or BigAlberts photobucket but they are all scanned and put almost any player collection to shame. Again, the magazine waits to recieve submissions instead of trying to bring the hobby to them as if all collectors know/care that they exist.

2 or 3 years ago they ran a player collector issue...It was horrible...Hell if I had tried I prob could have got in (I didn't submit an entry).

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Wow Fandruw, way to put a damper on a thread that is supposed to be about the OP's cool selection to Beckett and his awesome way of displaying his collection.
Take your bitter whining elsewhere.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Sorry...Was never meant to take anything away. It is always cool and an honor to be published in a magzine regardless of what its for. As I should have said to the OP prior...Congrats on making it to a widespread mag and hopefully this will help you find a few of your whales.

Rollx8

Jul 3, 2013
Fishers, IN 46038
Sorry...Was never meant to take anything away. It is always cool and an honor to be published in a magzine regardless of what its for. As I should have said to the OP prior...Congrats on making it to a widespread mag and hopefully this will help you find a few of your whales.

Thank you Fandruw25 :)

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Congrats! Deep down, I myself would like to be features in a magazine, but I am too afraid real supercollectors like [MENTION=6333]chadgwynn[/MENTION] will ridicule me and my measly collection...

**Edit to add: The Supercollector articles and issues are the ONLY thing I read/have read in Beckett for seemingly the last 5-6 years... I love them!

Last edited:

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
First of all, congratulations, that's pretty awesome. I wouldn't mind getting my Colts collection in there.

Also, I don't think the bashing of magazine is fair sometimes. Sure, the pricing isn't very useful but I still like the articles and the show guide. The one thing I still do find useful with the price guide is it works as sort of checklist for me, especially with the sport specific ones when trying to buy cards on ebay.

I won't subscribe to the publication anymore, but I like picking a couple up through out the year.. or at least thumb through it at the book store.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts