Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I want to start collecting old IP autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I don't think im going to have the patience to actually do the TTM.

I'll probably just buy what others have TTM'd :)
What are you looking for? I got these guys from the 80s-90. I know they aren't necessarily star players, but they are what I have from that time period
Juan Berenguer
Phil Niekro
Daryl Boston
Ron Cey
Marty Cordova
Ron Gant
Dave Henderson
Duane Kuiper
Pat Mahomes
Tony Larussa
Ken Sanders
Steve Renko
Terry Steinbach
Kevin Tapani

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Honestly, if you are going to shows and stuff or are up for doing the IP auto collecting thing, you may want to give it a go on your own. Save money and nail a bunch of autos at once. And it will be more fun too and you'll never have to worry if it's real. A lot of older players still involved and traveling with teams. I'd imagine if you had some help, you could totally rake during spring training. Thing I've noticed is, even at free one per person type events at stores and such, or guys signing at team hotels or the ball park, they'll sign multiple cards even if you don't ask. I used to use those photo holder tabs(look like a clear triangle) you can get from walmart(I think elmer's made them) and take all my cards I wanted signed of one player(usually 3-4 cards) and put them on divider pages in a notebook for doing the team caravan and such. I didn't really expect them to all get signed at once but figured I'd just keep them on the page and pull them as we got them signed(as some of the players do multiple events or you might get multiple chances to get them). Oddly enough, sometimes, they'll grab it from me and sign every card. I guess they don't think people getting cards signed will sell them as it's not a premium item(I keep all mine...sorry I'm a collector) and even if they do, they won't get much for them.

Might give it a try some time. It's fun to get them yourself.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
You have to be really careful with this sort of stuff.
That Seaver autograph looks like a shakey forgery.

Seaver has a very smooth and consistent signature. That sig looks "off" from what a normal Seaver looks like and I would avoid it.

Google image search Tom Seaver autograph and you'll notice they all look identical to each other. But the one in the auction is not even close.

Buying in-person autographs is a total crapshoot unless you're very familiar with athletes' handwriting.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
You have to be really careful with this sort of stuff.
That Seaver autograph looks like a shakey forgery.

Seaver has a very smooth and consistent signature. That sig looks "off" from what a normal Seaver looks like and I would avoid it.

Google image search Tom Seaver autograph and you'll notice they all look identical to each other. But the one in the auction is not even close.

Buying in-person autographs is a total crapshoot unless you're very familiar with athletes' handwriting.

I would look before I pulled the trigger, but yes it appears that the seaver 87 that looks so good is a fake.

WaxPax

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• ttms 2_0001.jpg
    ttms 2_0001.jpg
    990.5 KB · Views: 106
  • ttms.jpg
    ttms.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 105

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Got these from a collector years ago along with others.

Interested in $40 shipped?

1476555936672.jpg

DTA

Members online

Latest posts