Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Picture of the day Saturday September 14, 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Today's picture does not feature a specific player, team or stadium but without the items featured here, the game could not be played. In this photo we see a load of "billets" being transported the the Louisville Slugger factory to be made into game bats. I just found this picture interesting from the train-like transporter to the large load of billets to the small store front look of the Slugger factory.

While not a classic baseball photo, I hope you enjoy this one today.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
That's one cool pic. I am gonna send it to a friend of mine that loves taking pictures of trains and stuff. I think he will like this one.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
This is a great pic for 2 reasons:

1. The whole vintage look of the front of the factory

2. I had no idea they made golf clubs!!!

I was shocked about the golf clubs as well. I used to pass buy old wooden clubs at flea markets all the time now I am going to stop and look at them to see if their are Louisville slugger models. :)

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Thank you so much, [MENTION=2442]mchenrycards[/MENTION] . Your daily picture has become one of my favorite features of FCB. PLEASE keep it up!

DaBaddestHic

Aug 16, 2013
This is even cooler since I lived in Louisville from 5th grade till college. My mom and a lot of my friends are still there. No idea where this picture was actually taken though.

Members online

Latest posts