Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Blowout Group Break Member busted for a possible 2 year scam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Every single thing about that thread is a reminder why I chose here over Blowout when I decided to join a board years ago. Very few people come off well in that entire thread, least of all Blowout themselves. Whether they like to think about it or not, they had a hand in creating this mess, and the official response makes it seem as if they couldn't care less what happens on their watch.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
wow. just wow. I just can't grasp stealing from someone much less spending that much energy to steal other peoples money.
In-Greed-We-Trust.jpg

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Man, to see how the general membership is attempting to hold BO responsible for this is pretty jarring. I understand the guy was an "approved breaker," but that doesn't make him an employee of BO nor does it make the liable. It just means he is capable of breaking on the site with whatever perks BO offers to people who have earned that status. That's like a guy being really good at bowling, an alley calling him a highlight player and them being liable if it turns out he's using a rigged ball when playing against someone in a head's up cash match.

It's not like they were negligent. Anything they do would be just a optional service to "make things right" on that guy's behalf.

If I refer a friend to a used car salesman that has turned lemon dealer, then I'd feel awful and feel responsible for putting him in that situation. I had nothing to do with the transaction but I remain the link to fraud.

Your name and your word remain just as valuable as anything.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
If anyone is ever looking for a quality breaker, check out this guy:

http://stores.ebay.com/RK-Collectibles?_rdc=1
https://breakers.tv/rkcollectibles
http://www.boxbusters.tv/rkcollectibles

His name is Ryan, he lives in town near me. Great guy, extremely professional, does breaks for pretty much every product that comes out. Does most through eBay but also does direct depending. He's usually breaking 3-4 nights a week and typically has product sitting around if people want to do single boxes/personal cases/etc. He's got over 90,000 feedback on eBay so he's doing something right.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
I don't think it's a matter of not having enough breakers on FCB, Andrew has been breaking on here forever and it one of the best. The problem is no one is on this site, and we can barely get 15 people for any kind of break. I've been getting in a couple of GB's on BO......feel like I'm cheating on Andrew, but I gotta get my fix.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
Let me first say I have the utmost trust in Andrew from All In Cards. Every instance I have broken with him, the service has been excellent. I would refer any of my friends to break with him, without hesitation.

The unfortunate thing about this happening is that a lot of people will be on edge with putting trust into a new breaker. People on the other forum are saying some crazy things, obviously. However there are some things being said that I am taking to heart that should be serious considerations for getting into breaks.

- All cards should be opened on camera. Question the breaker if the cards/packs are taken off camera.
- Require the breaker to show the sealed cases before opened.
- Do your own due diligence and research the breaker before joining. Don't rely on the fact that they are "approved".
- Do not pay Paypal gift.
- question any shady behavior.

So taking all of this into consideration, I would suggest to Andrew to be more diligent on some of the above when opening cases. Here is the video from the last break from All in cards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyPsLPnKW2M

I hope I am not coming off as accusing of wrong doing. I am only using this as an example in order to suggests improvement opportunities. Again, I trust Andrew completely, but if a newbie joined his break, they could have some legit concerns. The video is choppy(or non existent), I am not able to view some of the cards coming out, The cases were not recorded being opened, etc. This may even detract someone from being in one of his breaks. If we are to believe that the "approved" breakers are the gold standard, FCB needs to do more to protect its members and put fourth some general guidelines about the way breaks are conducted. FCB is not liable as already mentioned, but as mentioned by jbHofmann, FCB has at least some stake in who they would refer people to. Happy to be corrected if this already exists. In light of the issues on BO, I would see value added in putting some proactive measures be put into place.

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
Maybe a two camera approach would help protect the good breakers protect themselves and their customers. Keep one camera wide and the other tight to show the cards. Just a thought.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Maybe a two camera approach would help protect the good breakers protect themselves and their customers. Keep one camera wide and the other tight to show the cards. Just a thought.

Boom used to have one on the cards and one on his face....that might have actually been a bad business move.

A_Pharis

Let me first say I have the utmost trust in Andrew from All In Cards. Every instance I have broken with him, the service has been excellent. I would refer any of my friends to break with him, without hesitation.

The unfortunate thing about this happening is that a lot of people will be on edge with putting trust into a new breaker. People on the other forum are saying some crazy things, obviously. However there are some things being said that I am taking to heart that should be serious considerations for getting into breaks.

- All cards should be opened on camera. Question the breaker if the cards/packs are taken off camera.
- Require the breaker to show the sealed cases before opened.
- Do your own due diligence and research the breaker before joining. Don't rely on the fact that they are "approved".
- Do not pay Paypal gift.
- question any shady behavior.

So taking all of this into consideration, I would suggest to Andrew to be more diligent on some of the above when opening cases. Here is the video from the last break from All in cards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyPsLPnKW2M

I hope I am not coming off as accusing of wrong doing. I am only using this as an example in order to suggests improvement opportunities. Again, I trust Andrew completely, but if a newbie joined his break, they could have some legit concerns. The video is choppy(or non existent), I am not able to view some of the cards coming out, The cases were not recorded being opened, etc. This may even detract someone from being in one of his breaks. If we are to believe that the "approved" breakers are the gold standard, FCB needs to do more to protect its members and put fourth some general guidelines about the way breaks are conducted. FCB is not liable as already mentioned, but as mentioned by jbHofmann, FCB has at least some stake in who they would refer people to. Happy to be corrected if this already exists. In light of the issues on BO, I would see value added in putting some proactive measures be put into place.

Honestly, the first few minutes of this video are frozen. It's likely an issue with the recording process. There's a chance the video was more clear and all when the feed was live.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
This is how my view is on all my breaks,
All packs and boxes are shown, cards never leave the camera view until hits are shown..
This one is only a 4 box break so I dont show opening the case, but on Case breaks, I show both sides of cases to show it's sealed..

pic.jpg

and then I scan hits into my facebook page so people can see the big hits to show what I pull
https://www.facebook.com/ROCKLEDGEBREAKS/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums

by the way,
I am breaking 5 cases of 2015 Topps High Tek today at 6pm est if anyone wants to watch

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rockledge-sports-cards-breaks

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
This is how my view is on all my breaks,
All packs and boxes are shown, cards never leave the camera view until hits are shown..
This one is only a 4 box break so I dont show opening the case, but on Case breaks, I show both sides of cases to show it's sealed..

View attachment 55684

and then I scan hits into my facebook page so people can see the big hits to show what I pull
https://www.facebook.com/ROCKLEDGEBREAKS/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums

by the way,
I am breaking 5 cases of 2015 Topps High Tek today at 6pm est if anyone wants to watch

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rockledge-sports-cards-breaks

Where do u sell spots?

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Where do u sell spots?

I sell them on ebay..
Because I sell by team, and not random, as I cannot get everyone to buy the teams they want here..
I mostly sell lowend products in smaller amounts as team buyers do not need (or want) 12 of each base card,
so a 3 box break of Update may sell from $5.00 to $15 depending on the team...
low end products 3-4 boxes, high end by the case, (with a box of low end), or 5-10 case break by player...

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
I sell them on ebay..
Because I sell by team, and not random, as I cannot get everyone to buy the teams they want here..
I mostly sell lowend products in smaller amounts as team buyers do not need (or want) 12 of each base card,
so a 3 box break of Update may sell from $5.00 to $15 depending on the team...
low end products 3-4 boxes, high end by the case, (with a box of low end), or 5-10 case break by player...

Hit a couple Smoltz's for me today!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online