Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Topps TEK Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Alright player collector Tekkers, what's the verdict? My thoughts:

- the static background (the 2 color thick bars exploding from the middle) is much better than last year, it's more solid and doesn't blend in/run into the different background patterns.
- I don't like that they reused 4 patterns from last year, kind of lazy. And the rarest 'B' pattern 'Grid' was one of the common patterns last year.
- Got rid of the numbered Blue diffractor, why?
- Was I the only one expecting more patterns & more colored/designed diffractors? Kind of a let down.
- last year I had 13 non-1/1 patterns & diffractors to chase. This year only 10 in the B group (A gets 12, makes no sense).
- The rarest pattern 7A is said to have ~25 copies. I think this makes 2014's 2 rarest versions more valuable as they seemed to be /5-10 & /10-20.

I bought the RJ Low Tek Auto /25 redemption yesterday and have only seen a redemption for the /5 Red Orbit auto. I'm betting that's the only parallel he has for autos , last year was just Blue & Red /10 & /5.

So whose going for the whole run again this year, Mr. McGwire?

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
So far I like what I see. No O'neill to chase this year. A Bernie Williams buyback got listed today. I would have rather seen it on a '98 Tek but it's still nice.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
As small as the checklist is I think a few players did not need to be repeated a second year in a row (not talking about the Trouts of the world obviously)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
The Blue Dots were the best cards in the set last year, so dumping them was disappointing. I don't really care for how they split up the variations either. I thought AL/NL was a better solution than arbitrary A/B. It bothers me they couldn't keep the numbering the same as last year, though that's not an issue specific to Tek by any means. I do like the team specific color splash on the background.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I think this years TEK looks much better than last years, I really like the design of the base cards. I'm a little disappointed that they took away the blue dots parallel, I also don't understand why they only made a blades parallel of half of the players. It kind of sucks to have to bite the bullet and get two super tough parallel's of the players that have a blades parallel. I'm also trying to see if players have more than one background version of the Red Orbit and if some players have a red orbit parallel for both home and away jersey's. In a way these things are what makes TEK fun, you really never know what is what and it takes time to figure it out. As usual I will be buying singles

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I think stating the odds outright this year has hurt prices/demand. In 2014 everyone figured out Shatter Stripe was the rarest after a few days of breaks but the print run was kind of a mystery so people (like me) were going in deep on the first available copy not knowing when/if another would show up. But this year I know from day 1 that 6B has like 25 copies, and I'm only going to pay accordingly for a /25 card.

Also if anyone hasn't seen, there is a Sky Diffractor #/75 in the Asia edition.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Personally like 2014 in totality better than 2015

For 2015 I am having trouble understanding the checklist and hoping someone can help me - guess I'm just not as bright as the folks at Topps - are there TWO black 1/1 diffractors for each player? Referring to non-auto versions

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
are there TWO black 1/1 diffractors for each player? Referring to non-auto versions

From looking at pictures, the Black Rainbow just looks to be a flat black color parallel, like the gold; while the Black Galactic is a diffractor pretty much the same as last year's 1/1 charcoal galactic. I could be wrong though, these things are tough to gauge in pics.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Love the red orbit. Kinda happy there is no Bagwell though. Topps has already stuffed him(as has Panini) into way too many products. And he has autos in every freaking product! I'd say in the last year and a half, I've added like 30 new autos and I don't even have them all...

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Love the red orbit. Kinda happy there is no Bagwell though. Topps has already stuffed him(as has Panini) into way too many products. And he has autos in every freaking product! I'd say in the last year and a half, I've added like 30 new autos and I don't even have them all...

Same here, sitting on 27 distinct autos from 14 & 15 so far, and that's only on-card autos and I'm missing several. Add in the stupid stickers and there would be like 40 autograph cards in 2 years, and that's before colors & print count variations.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
2r2pruu.jpg

I don't know if this is the black rainbow or black galactic diffractor, but I picked it up.

Members online

Latest posts