Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CHRIS SALE TRADED TO THE RED SOX FOR YOAN MONCADA/MICHAEL KOPECH/LUIS BASABE/VICTOR DIAZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
This has to mean Encarnacion is going to Beantown as well. Why trade Moncada otherwise? Yes, they have Panda, but man...I think Dombrowski isn't done by any means.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
OK, I have had a few minutes to digest this...I think I like it. Moncada *could* be great. But, he has a lot of hurdles to clear between here and there. Sale is already great. Kopech has skills, but also has maturity and other issues. The other guys are lottery tickets. Everyone knew DD would work like this, trade tomorrow for today. Who knows how it will play out over time, but it seems like it makes sense for both teams today.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Sale is still great, and he is a bargain at 12-13mm per year. That said, it did appear his velocity and strike outs are down from a couple of years ago. Probably a good move for both teams.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Even if Moncada is the next Trout, how has LAA done without quality pitching?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Guess I'll have to continue to hold onto these a while longer now.
a70f657a9f5ccf0365a6d6cc480d4f8b.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I've seen great players come to Boston and watched the city eat them alive. As a fan I hope he has 33 amazing starts, as a person, he has shown some douchy characteristics, if he cuts up uniforms in bean town they will run him through the wringer

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Well I guess we are the team to beat the next few years. Hopefully we can win a World Series in that span, because if not it's gonna be a long several years after that....

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
FYI - the Nats' offer was Giolito, Robles AND Lopez.

No way would I have turned that down.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Well I guess we are the team to beat the next few years. Hopefully we can win a World Series in that span, because if not it's gonna be a long several years after that....

ONE Championship within the next three years makes it all worth it. I'm excited.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
How does moncadas contract work? Has the clock started? He's making more than the 3 Nats guys so I would have taken that deal. Robles could be a stud. Plus two arms.

Members online