Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

STL Cardinals offseason thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I hope we do not sign Fowler.
I do hope we trade for an elite outfielder.
We will HAVE to upgrade the defense.
Thanks for the memories Matt Holliday.
Jump in fellow Cardinal fans.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
We have no pitchers to trade. First look its Waino, Leake, Garcia. Maybe Lynn or Wacha if healthy.
Reyes or Weaver or possibly both. Too many questions to trade from that group. If any trade is made we need
to free up that logjam in the infield. Plenty of hitters little defense.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
We have no pitchers to trade. First look its Waino, Leake, Garcia. Maybe Lynn or Wacha if healthy.
Reyes or Weaver or possibly both. Too many questions to trade from that group. If any trade is made we need
to free up that logjam in the infield. Plenty of hitters little defense.
You can you trade in the IF? Johnny is in his last year, Wong is the future 2B, Diaz is solid, and they have now committed to Carp at 1B.

Looks like signing or trading for an OFer is the task for this winter.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I hope we do sign Fowler.

Preferably overpay him just a little bit for a 4 year deal. He'll want more years than that from whoever signs him, so I say throw in some extra money so we can get him.

He can play any outfield position, and is a viable lead off hitter from both sides of the plate. Even if his defense starts to lack toward the end of the contract, I think his bat will maintain, and he can play a corner instead of center.

I don't like the idea of Cespedes. I have no confirmation, but I can't believe he's a great clubhouse guy, being as he can't stay on one freaking team for very long. I don't want that in the clubhouse, even if he can rake.

They're going to have to go out and get a left handed reliever to replace Duke.

Trade Jaime. I'm sick of him being on the DL all the time.

Good move by letting Moss walk. Too much money for a bench player. How many 'super untility guys' does the team need? Gyorko is sufficient.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
They need to find an impact bat from somewhere in the lineup. I sure hope Oquendo is back in St. Louis next year, that man can teach infield defense. I thought they should have let Garcia go and use his $12M on something else.

Injury aside, $12M for a lefty starter is a deal because they don't grow on trees.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Well I am on board so far. But we need Jaime Garcia.
We only have Waino, Leake, MAYBE Lynn. They are all righties.
We need a lefty in the mix. Reyes and Weaver will fill out the rotation or long man duties.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
You guys should download the 101 ESPN Sports app.

I listen to the Bernie Miklasz show every morning when I get off work.

Kevin Wheeler has a show on after that as well. I am always asleep by the time it comes on though.

But I enjoy listening to Bernie. I know some people hate him, but I enjoy his snarkyness.

It's free too.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I think Alex Reyes plus three more minor league mid-tier prospects would be enough to get Chris Sale.

Probably Harrison Bader, Sandy Alcantara and Mags Sierra.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I think Alex Reyes plus three more minor league mid-tier prospects would be enough to get Chris Sale.

Probably Harrison Bader, Sandy Alcantara and Mags Sierra.

I would love Sale. That's the pipe dream for Cardinals fans right now.

But do you really think the Cardinals would part with Reyes for anyone?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I would love Sale. That's the pipe dream for Cardinals fans right now.

But do you really think the Cardinals would part with Reyes for anyone?

If they want him, they'll have to. He'll require a top tier prospect as the centerpiece.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Expensive gamble. Relievers are making crazy money these days.
I hope it works out. If we can keep Reyes and get Sale I am for it.
Wacha and a couple prospects should do it I hope.

Members online

Latest posts