Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

There's nothing worse than collectors of what you collect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
When I was collecting as a teenager I wondered if there were others that were as serious about getting everything as I was.. once Ebay and the internet changed the game I found out just how many serious guys there were. I'm friends with a few that are here on the board and I've bought and sold with most of the big hitters while I was in the game. One of our fellow board members is now the caretaker of the volume of my former collection and I sit back and enjoy watching what the others are adding. I setup a Facebook group and it has amazed me how many people have joined to this point and the quality of some of the collections in it!

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I was fine with the other guys that collected PSA Mariano Rivera's and helped them out but there's one guy (who's a member on here) that seemed to get all butt hurt when I outbid him for a particular card. The card is /5 and he already had one but after that he started bidding me up and up and up. Pretty sure it's mostly out of spite based on his bidding habits.

Scott F

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Hey.... need/want theses??
1997%20topps%20Mit%201998%20Stars%20and%20Steel%20050_zpstar1rmv6.jpg

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
I disagree. I think the shared passion helps to make better connections and friendships.

James and Scotty both also collect Doerr and I have been in battles for cards with both of them in the past, and you just have to look at it as you win some you lose some. They both have cards I wish I had, while I'm sure I have cards that they wished they had. Just because it's competitive sometimes doesn't mean it has to be hostile. I consider both James and Scotty great friends in the hobby.

To the OP, I think you need to look at it in a more positive light. Any interested in our great hobby is a good thing nowadays.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

DragonWagon

May 4, 2015
A flipper is worse than a collector! I got out bid for a Trea Turner PSA 10 topps limited by 50 cents. Only to see it listed a week later for 200% more. It sold again, hopefully this time to a collector.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
A flipper is worse than a collector! I got out bid for a Trea Turner PSA 10 topps limited by 50 cents. Only to see it listed a week later for 200% more. It sold again, hopefully this time to a collector.

This ^^^

Don't get me wrong, sometimes I end up with the card with my original bid anyway. When they relist / sell the same card, i bid at the last minute with my original bid. There's been a few that I actually win for less. Most of the time other collectors win it and life goes on...... Next card please.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I guess I'm the guy who gets the unwanted base = 750,000 but I have 99% by team in alpha order so that collectors need multi of a player I can find it . Sold 168 cards of one player to a member here and trade / bulk . Who needs 50,000 1988 cards ?
I do sell at local minor league stadium and will get request for " hot " players but you can't haul all .LOL
I have 3200 counts stacked 20 high so if team / player you need on bottom you have to WAIT.
I do collect players that play /played here while cheap .