Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The blue looks like a dull lead color. That's the only way I've been able to tell. Plus I got lucky and purchased them and they were listed correctly too. As soon as I had them in hand I immediately saw a difference. Not a great difference but one nonetheless.

This... took me probably a half dozen mis-purchases to finally nail it. SO tough to tell from scans and COMCs

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
New topic, anyone here nail that proshooters checklist last night? I decided to actually go for it and was out bid on my $45+ snipe... I did however get the Belle marble for $20, which I'm happy with.

I won Checklist #1. Not excited about the writing on the back, but the price was cheaper than any I have seen previously. I am sure if I waited long enough, I could have got a clean copy for about the same or cheaper, but I just didn't feel like waiting any longer. Happy to have this crossed off my list. Maybe I will upgrade later if a TON of these surface down the road. Happy Hunting!

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Can anyone post all three versions of the 1999 finest peel and reveal? I would like to see what the hyperplaid , stadium stars, and sparkle look like all together. I've purchased them all in the past but the supposed stadium stars looks no different to me than the supposed sparkle version I own.

I think the Stadium Stars is basically a plain refractor version of the card, while the sparkle has the dots and the plaid is like an atomic refractor.

EDIT: On second though, does the Stadium Stars have large baseball/bubble things in the background? I bet the juangone site has pics.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I won Checklist #1. Not excited about the writing on the back, but the price was cheaper than any I have seen previously. I am sure if I waited long enough, I could have got a clean copy for about the same or cheaper, but I just didn't feel like waiting any longer. Happy to have this crossed off my list. Maybe I will upgrade later if a TON of these surface down the road. Happy Hunting!

Nice buy.... honestly, I have no idea what they usually go for, so I threw out a $46 snipe or something... You would of got it for like half the price if I would of just laid down... o well.

As for the buy and the marbles, I have fought back and not pulled the trigger forever because they don't show up on my Belle checklist via beckett but if you just do a search for the marble, it's there, so I'm reaching out to the analyst I know to have them added to player checklists. As for the marble checklist, that I can't find on beckett.com but maybe it's there.

Anyways, nice buy. I'll get one soon enough.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Nice buy.... honestly, I have no idea what they usually go for, so I threw out a $46 snipe or something... You would of got it for like half the price if I would of just laid down... o well.

As for the buy and the marbles, I have fought back and not pulled the trigger forever because they don't show up on my Belle checklist via beckett but if you just do a search for the marble, it's there, so I'm reaching out to the analyst I know to have them added to player checklists. As for the marble checklist, that I can't find on beckett.com but maybe it's there.

Five of the Checklist #1 sold in April of this year. The seller listed them one at a time. The first sold for $200. The next 3 sold for over $100, one of which was damaged. I bought the last one for $77 on 4/22. It's clean.

97PROSHOOTERSCHECKLIST.jpg
98TOPPSPROSHOOTERSMARBLE.jpg

Before those 5 came up for bid, I had seen one #1 checklist sell for a $150 BIN in 2009. I made a topic for it back then:
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...-Baseball-Checklist-Card?highlight=proshooter

You have to hope someone turns up a box of these. Each pack had a checklist card, so a full box should yield 12 of each. I was contacted in February via my Mark Grace site by an individual that said he had 2 unopened boxes. I emailed with him 2 times, and then he stop responding to my emails - not sure why.

If a couple of boxes turned up, prices on the checklists would drop fast. My understanding is that ProShooters were a test issue only distributed in a small area of New York State and Ontario, Canada.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Five of the Checklist #1 sold in April of this year. The seller listed them one at a time. The first sold for $200. The next 3 sold for over $100, one of which was damaged. I bought the last one for $77 on 4/22. It's clean.

97PROSHOOTERSCHECKLIST.jpg
98TOPPSPROSHOOTERSMARBLE.jpg

Before those 5 came up for bid, I had seen one #1 checklist sell for a $150 BIN in 2009. I made a topic for it back then:
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...-Baseball-Checklist-Card?highlight=proshooter

You have to hope someone turns up a box of these. Each pack had a checklist card, so a full box should yield 12 of each. I was contacted in February via my Mark Grace site by an individual that said he had 2 unopened boxes. I emailed with him 2 times, and then he stop responding to my emails - not sure why.

If a couple of boxes turned up, prices on the checklists would drop fast. My understanding is that ProShooters were a test issue only distributed in a small area of New York State and Ontario, Canada.

Wow, very very very very helpful, thank you!

Mac

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

I'm not sure about you guys but I printed out a checklist long ago which has made it a hell of a lot easier to keep track of stuff. I also write in notes and serial numbering( if not already present). I'm still amazed at the stuff on the official list. Everyday I find something new on the list that I already have but never marked off the list because I just figured it was too oddball to be included. The marble is on my list but the checklist isn't. Great thing is, I can always write in.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think the Stadium Stars is basically a plain refractor version of the card, while the sparkle has the dots and the plaid is like an atomic refractor.

EDIT: On second though, does the Stadium Stars have large baseball/bubble things in the background? I bet the juangone site has pics.

Yeah, see I never could figure that out. I've never seen just a plain refractor of the card. And the hyperplaid is kind of pretty self exclamatory.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm not sure about you guys but I printed out a checklist long ago which has made it a hell of a lot easier to keep track of stuff. I also write in notes and serial numbering( if not already present). I'm still amazed at the stuff on the official list. Everyday I find something new on the list that I already have but never marked off the list because I just figured it was too oddball to be included. The marble is on my list but the checklist isn't. Great thing is, I can always write in.

True.

I still go off what beckett.com checklist for Belle publishes but I've also had a great deal of success getting cards added which aren't on there.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
I noticed lots of nice samples listed on COMC tonight by PinnacleGuy. I'm not really into that sort of thing but I know a lot of you guys are.

Thanks for the heads up, was able to snag the 3 AB and CD sample for $20 total. Not sure if he accepting 50% off of everything, but that is what I got. I am happy to knock another tough issue off my list.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Thanks for the heads up, was able to snag the 3 AB and CD sample for $20 total. Not sure if he accepting 50% off of everything, but that is what I got. I am happy to knock another tough issue off my list.
Awesome! I'm glad I could help out. Saw them while I was browsing through and was hoping I could help some of you promo/player collector nutjobs :p

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I noticed lots of nice samples listed on COMC tonight by PinnacleGuy. I'm not really into that sort of thing but I know a lot of you guys are.

I found a few that I really need that were bought and relisted at obscenely high prices.

I am assuming Deliciousbacon means that he found some cards that were bought and jacked up in price before he got to them...

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I am assuming Deliciousbacon means that he found some cards that were bought and jacked up in price before he got to them...

Yeah, that's what I was going for. I was bummed out for a minute or so, but I found something nice and shiny to make up for it:

c034af2d-4acd-42ae-84f7-cc69ee388211.jpg

For $20, I think I even got a steal on it!

Members online

Latest posts