Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
5fd7fa58-3c36-4233-9439-0b0735b97d27.jpg
5fd7fa58-3c36-4233-9439-0b0735b97d27.jpg

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I really like these Mystery Finest Refractors. I pick up 10's sometimes when I see them. I bought some to grade but they look like the surfaces are easy to scratch and I haven't submitted any yet. The Griffey was the first one I picked up.

thomemfr.jpggriffeymfr.jpgwoodmfr.jpg

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I love these 91 Ultra Gold inserts. I only need two more to finish the set in all 10's. I still need Bo Jackson and Ramon Martinez. There is only one Martinez out there in a 10 last I checked. I plan on submitting a few Jackson's and Martinez in hopes of finishing the set. The Drabek card is the only 10 I believe as well. These aren't rare I guess most people don't care enough to grade them. Some of my favorite players during my youth are in this set so I guess that's why I like it.

91UGBonds.jpg91UGClark.jpg91UGDrabek.jpg91UGGriffey.jpg91UGHenderson.jpg91UGPuckett.jpg91UGSabo.jpg91UGSandberg.jpg

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Sweet 10s Ben! Those sets will look great when finished together! Value schmalue

Thanks man. I am actually going to send in the cards I need soon as I renewed my PSA membership a while back. I am sending a couple of each card hoping for a 10 for each. If I get the set together I will update. When I submit cards I usually send a couple I plan on selling to help cover the cost of submitting them. I hope it works out this time.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I love these 91 Ultra Gold inserts. I only need two more to finish the set in all 10's. I still need Bo Jackson and Ramon Martinez. There is only one Martinez out there in a 10 last I checked. I plan on submitting a few Jackson's and Martinez in hopes of finishing the set. The Drabek card is the only 10 I believe as well. These aren't rare I guess most people don't care enough to grade them. Some of my favorite players during my youth are in this set so I guess that's why I like it.

View attachment 18112View attachment 18113View attachment 18114View attachment 18115View attachment 18116View attachment 18117View attachment 18118View attachment 18119

^^Now that's awesome! It's what this hobby is all about! Refreshing!!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
1998%20Ultra%20Diamond%20Producers%2011.jpg

Very annoyed that the seller shipped it in a toploader without a penny sleeve. The card was stuck in the too thin top loader, and i had to pull on it to get it out. So glad nothing happened to it during its "birth" into my PC.

Oh, and since I was finally able to pay Magicpapa for it, I can now scan this and add it to my PC. Thanks!

1997%20Pinnacle%20Fanfest%20Playing%20Card.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
1998%20Ultra%20Diamond%20Producers%2011.jpg

Very annoyed that the seller shipped it in a toploader without a penny sleeve. The card was stuck in the too thin top loader, and i had to pull on it to get it out. So glad nothing happened to it during its "birth" into my PC.

Oh, and since I was finally able to pay Magicpapa for it, I can now scan this and add it to my PC. Thanks!

1997%20Pinnacle%20Fanfest%20Playing%20Card.jpg

That Diamond Priducer is a nice looking insert set. Nice pick ups

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This just in, 1995 Score Samples have two variations.... one with the word "SAMPLE" in white and one with it in black on the BACK of the card... sorry if this makes some of you go :evil:

Back AB 1995 Score Samples.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This just in, 1995 Score Samples have two variations.... one with the word "SAMPLE" in white and one with it in black on the BACK of the card... sorry if this makes some of you go :evil:

View attachment 18167

Sure the Black is legit? The white is printed as part of the card. The black is an overprint - printed after the card was made. You can see part of the word "Pinnacle" through the "E" in sample. May be two versions, but why would Pinnacle print some and stamp others?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Sure the Black is legit? The white is printed as part of the card. The black is an overprint - printed after the card was made. You can see part of the word "Pinnacle" through the "E" in sample. May be two versions, but why would Pinnacle print some and stamp others?

Not sure, another Belle collector tipped me off to this. If you look, the stats are different on the back... which if the stats on the sample are different than the regular card, that would explain the aftermarket printed sample? Not sure, I can look further into it tonight.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country

Forget the Pinnacle and E, check the stats. White has 000 and black doesn't. Sample doesn't line up the same either. Hope you didn't shell out a lot for the fake.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Forget the Pinnacle and E, check the stats. White has 000 and black doesn't. Sample doesn't line up the same either. Hope you didn't shell out a lot for the fake.

It's not mine... it's something someone tipped me off too, so would love feedback.

Is everything thinking the black one is aftermarket just printed on the card? I guess look at my post before yours.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
It's not mine... it's something someone tipped me off too, so would love feedback.

Is everything thinking the black one is aftermarket just printed on the card? I guess look at my post before yours.

I agree with previous poster, why would they make both? I say black is aftermarket stamped.

Members online