Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
I could be wrong but I always thought they were 1984 when I bought mine in 2012. Hmmmmm.

attachment.php

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Anyone else notice the Ripken Police Issues lately? One was sold (the PSA 3) by cbrandtw here and then it was immediately flipped today. I just barely missed it both times. Cbrandtw had mentioned it to me about 6 months ago, I offered both times it was up at $5.5k OBO. Then he sold it for an offer that was a hair above my offer, without even giving me a chance to counter!

Excuse my language but I'm just pissed at how this hobby goes sometimes. Makes me just want to unload all of my Ripkens and focus back on my other collecting hobbies.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
So I landed a card I have wanted for a long time. Did not like the price point up until just recently.
These cards are now bringing about 40% of their 2013 high which I considered worth it.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
So I landed a card I have wanted for a long time. Did not like the price point up until just recently.
These cards are now bringing about 40% of their 2013 high which I considered worth it.

That's great ! I hadn't realized they dropped liked that. I assume the high $ brought more out to market.

Ryan

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Any of you familiar with this 2001 Artwork Atelier America Inc / 2001 Fleer brushstrokes? Up until this month I had no clue this exists. Then all of a sudden two shows up on eBay and I buy both and SURPRISE!

See scans of both.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

What are the chances of getting on of each? According to the COA which is attached on the folder they made 2200 total, 2100 regular and 100 Promotional Sample. I had no idea what I was buying but soooooo glad I did.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
Ripken 2006 Tureky Red White border card # 582?

Any chance any Ripken collectors out there have an extra 2006 Turkey Red Ripken 582 White Border card for sale?

Its the last card I need to complete my 2006 Turkey Red White Border set