Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

News Outlets confirming that Jose Fernandez has died.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
He posted about his girlfriend being pregnant less than a week ago.

Jose-Fernandezs-girlfriend-Carla-Mendoza-Instagram-1-375x250.jpg

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Thank you for posting that gif with Fernandez and Tulo, WCTYSON. That was the first thing I thought of and I was going to post it myself. Few could pitch like him, and few smiled while playing like he did.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Thank you for posting that gif with Fernandez and Tulo, WCTYSON. That was the first thing I thought of and I was going to post it myself. Few could pitch like him, and few smiled while playing like he did.

Even when a batter got the better of him, he smiled and appreciated the competition. MLB will be missing one of the greatest people of and in the game.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
This was sad to wake up to.

He was such a competitor. Thanks for posting the clips [MENTION=11981]WCTYSON[/MENTION].

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
As a Cardinals fan, I'll never forget where I was at when I received the phone call that Darryl Kile had died.

When something like this happens it is a huge blow to any franchise, and not to devalue any other life on the team, but this makes it so much worse for the Marlins because Jose was their unquestionable ace.

I'm sad for all the Miami Marlin fans today, I'm sad for all baseball fans, and I'm sad for everyone who knew him or enjoyed watching him play.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Even when a batter got the better of him, he smiled and appreciated the competition. MLB will be missing one of the greatest people of and in the game.

That is how I'll always remember him by. The first game I saw him pitch was against the Braves and after Freddie Freeman hit his 2nd HR off him JoFer was just laughing and basically talking with Freeman the entire time he was running the bases. I was thinking, man this kid has just great sportsmanship. He had such a great attitude and a love for the game. I became a fan instantly.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
Reminds me of Steve Olin and those guys.

Shocking news for sure.

This was I thought about, I lived in Cleveland when that happened - I remember turning on the morning sports talk for the drive to work, and it was so somber. It was 30 seconds before I realized what happened - that was before the internet.

He was fun to watch and will be missed.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
time to put the tim crews/steve olin/jose fernandez clause into MLB contracts to add no boating prohibitions.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
In order to keep my faith in humanity I'm refraining for searching eBay to see who is attempting to profit from this tragedy

Well, I looked, and literally over a thousand completed sales this morning, with, seemingly, no asking price too hard.

There certainly is a ghoulish quality to listing at this moment, but there is also a certain sweetness in the number of fans that this is their way of tribute.

Still, shocking sales. The man was LOVED.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts