Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

50 Bombs For Giancarlo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Paul Goldschmidt is finally on a contending team, giving him the chance to finally finish 1st in MVP voting......but it has to be the year where someone on a non-contending (still an outside possibility) team does something so amazing that makes him worthy of winning the MVP...

And his name is Giancarlo Stanton. Your 2017 NL MVP :(

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The Marlins could win the wild card so his HRs aren't pointless but I think that there are so many this year it's not that crazy. Lindor hit his 24th today

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
Miami still in it and the way Rockies and DBacks have been playing lately they are not locks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Top 3 nl candidates: goldy, Stanton and Arenado. Stanton's surge certainly puts him to the top given how the rocks and D-backs have stumbled. Should be a good vote, still have a month to go!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Marlins could win the wild card so his HRs aren't pointless but I think that there are so many this year it's not that crazy. Lindor hit his 24th today

Yeah, they are closer than I had originally thought. Only 4 games back of the 2nd wild card spot

Miami still in it and the way Rockies and DBacks have been playing lately they are not locks.

Both teams were struggling in early August & I suppose the Rockies are still in a bit of a slump but the D-Backs are doing fine right now. 6-4 in their last 10 (7-3 if they win today).

But yeah, no team is a lock for a Wild Card spot. Brewers, Marlins, Rockies & D-Backs are all within 5 games of each other with a month of baseball left. The Cards are at .500 so I suppose even they have a shot.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Trade this man, Jeter. Trade him. :cool:

Jeter's not in a position of power to do anything. Plus I doubt Stanton will ever be traded because of the salary someone's going to have to eat or pay in a trade and because he's a draw for whatever 25 fans are still going to Marlins games.

I'm just interested to see if Stanton can keep up a decent HR pace to maybe close in or set the new single season HR record.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jeter's not in a position of power to do anything. Plus I doubt Stanton will ever be traded because of the salary someone's going to have to eat or pay in a trade and because he's a draw for whatever 25 fans are still going to Marlins games.

I'm just interested to see if Stanton can keep up a decent HR pace to maybe close in or set the new single season HR record.

Was referring to this winter. And some team will pony up dearly to get him. Book it.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Top 3 nl candidates: goldy, Stanton and Arenado. Stanton's surge certainly puts him to the top given how the rocks and D-backs have stumbled. Should be a good vote, still have a month to go!

It's certainly a close race. Goldschmidt is the best all-around player among the three but hey, Stanton has 50 HR. In no particular order:

Goldschmidt - .316 avg 31 HR 104 RBI 1.021 OPS 17 SB (5.4 fWAR 155 wRC+ .421 wOBA)
Stanton - .296 avg 50 HR 108 RBI 1.059 OPS 2 SB (5.4 fWAR 167 wRC+ .425 wOBA)
Arenado - .308 avg 29 HR 108 RBI .951 OPS 3 SB (4.5 fWAR 124 wRC+ .392 wOBA)

Speed & contact goes to Goldy, Arenado wins defense & Stanton has power locked up.

*I made sure to include some sabermetrics for my fellow advanced metric friend [MENTION=11981]WCTYSON[/MENTION]

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
Paul Goldschmidt is finally on a contending team, giving him the chance to finally finish 1st in MVP voting......but it has to be the year where someone on a non-contending (still an outside possibility) team does something so amazing that makes him worthy of winning the MVP...

And his name is Giancarlo Stanton. Your 2017 NL MVP :(

giphy.gif

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
It's certainly a close race. Goldschmidt is the best all-around player among the three but hey, Stanton has 50 HR. In no particular order:

Goldschmidt - .316 avg 31 HR 104 RBI 1.021 OPS 17 SB (5.4 fWAR 155 wRC+ .421 wOBA)
Stanton - .296 avg 50 HR 108 RBI 1.059 OPS 2 SB (5.4 fWAR 167 wRC+ .425 wOBA)
Arenado - .308 avg 29 HR 108 RBI .951 OPS 3 SB (4.5 fWAR 124 wRC+ .392 wOBA)

Speed & contact goes to Goldy, Arenado wins defense & Stanton has power locked up.

*I made sure to include some sabermetrics for my fellow advanced metric friend [MENTION=11981]WCTYSON[/MENTION]

Charlie Blackman has to figure in this also, league leading .336, 30 fingers and 80 RBI from the lead off no over 100 runs.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Charlie Blackman has to figure in this also, league leading .336, 30 fingers and 80 RBI from the lead off no over 100 runs.

I'd have to agree. In fact I'm of the believe that Arenado won't be the Rockies hitter who will factor in with the top 3 NL MVP candidates, but rather Blackmon. I'd put Arenado & Harper in the 4th/5th place spots (I'm referring to as of right now, both could certainly make their way up there later on)

Members online

Latest posts